Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flazoom

blinking control display on zephyr hood

flazoom
10 years ago

i recently installed a zephyr venezia hood and it worked fine for 2 weeks. then when the fan was shut off the display shows a small blinking square in the lower left corner of the display window and lights and fan no longer turn on. has anyone seen this problem?

Comments (22)

• xedos
    10 years ago

Turn off the circuit at your elect. Panel for a minute and then reset.

See if that makes the blinking go away.

• bbstx
    10 years ago

If xedos suggestion doesn't work, call Customer Service at Zephyr. I had a Zephyr Typhoon for 5-6 years before I sold my house. They had absolutely the best customer service I've ever encountered! So much so, that I'm installing the same fan in the new house I'm building!

Contact info from their website:
    Zephyr Ventilation
    2277 Harbor Bay Parkway
    Alameda, CA 94502

• mdm144
    9 years ago

flazoom, did you ever get a resolution on your blinking display issue? My zephyr hood just started doing the same thing.

• bkjpayton
    9 years ago

I just had the same problem and shutting the breaker off for a few minutes reset the hood. Thanks!

• lharpie
    7 years ago

This shouldn't turn the hood off - our zephyr just blinks at us after 30 hours but continues to run just fine.

• eckermusic
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Sean thanks for the tip. Worked perfectly. Also for others on here check the specs. Some of the Zephyr hoods have dishwasher safe baffle fitlers. Just pop it out and put it in the dishwasher. Good as new. Make sure you check first though.

• polilah
    6 years ago

Thanks, this just worked for our Zephyr Ravenna zrv-m90agc.

• Andrew Strasfogel
    6 years ago

My Zephyr Milano flashes "A" -- not "F" -- during blower operation. There is no mention of this anywhere, but is it safe to assume that the filters need cleaning? Or is it something else? There's nothing in the manual about a flashing "A". The light display appears just fine so it isn't as if the pixels are misbehaving.

• Kimber Loche
    6 years ago

push the two outside buttons fro 5 seconds

• Andrew Strasfogel
    6 years ago

I know how to disable the flashing letter but was asking what does it mean?

• HU-496488878
    5 years ago

Thanks for the very important info regarding the flashingflashing light in the lower left corner the fix was to

HOLD THE LEFT & RIGHT up & down arrows at the same titime for 5 seconds..yeh

• Jane Allamon
    4 years ago

It worked! Thanks

• lombay wall
    4 years ago

Yay...it worked!!

• Armil Biag
    4 years ago

Up and down buttons did not work for my blinking blue display with blue square on bottom left which is an indicator for a power surge. I contacted Zephyr and they provided these steps:

1. DOWN arrow and LIGHT button for 5- 7 secs.

2. The display will turn gray (off), then press POWER button twice.

Good luck!!

• walk this way
    4 years ago

Thanks. This worked for mine!

• HU-751871110
    3 years ago

Thank you; worked for me too! :)

• Mohammad Admani
    3 years ago

I cleaned the hood and it started clicking noise and fan turns on by itself all the time. Any clue to stop fan and clicking noise ?

• Vee S
    3 years ago

Just called Zephyr and they said this is the way the hood is "supposed to work" because it's protecting itself from power surges. What?? I've only used the hood 3 to 4 times in the 6 weeks we've lived here (new kitchen, new home) and twice it's shut itself off. Zephyr rep was very dismissive, told me to check with my contractor, it was on my end, nothing to do with them. Not impressed with their customer service at all.

• Mark Dimont
    3 years ago

This advice worked for me, "push the two outside buttons for 5 seconds"

• Kupps
    2 years ago

yeah that's a temporary fix, mine keeps coming back. Sounds like a flaw in the product.

• lwenberg
    2 years ago

Thanks Mark, that worked!