Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux speed or just convection?

Posted by joelm1822 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 8:48

I've been looking at the Electrolux microwave wall oven combos. But I can't figure out if the E30MC75JSS (ICON) is a true speed oven or a microwave that can do convection cooking. I.e. can it do both at once automatically?

I'm really looking for something that can replace my toaster oven's rehearing functions. (not toasting). Miele is out of our target prices. And it seems people here have likes the elux speed over the Advantium. Though the GE menus seem easier than having to look up codes in the Elux manual. Oh, and I really dislike the grills above and below on the standalone Electrolux speed oven..

Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux speed or just convection?

That is not a speed oven.
It is just a regular oven/convection oven + a separate microwave.

The microwave is a bit under powered at 900 watts instead of 1100 watts.Some "fast foods" (chicken pies) for example
((Marie Calendar)), recommend NOT using a microwave of less than 1100 Watts , and many Microwave recipes "May Be" based upon 1100 Watts, so things may not come out as you anticipated due to the lower power of the microwave.

There is a review of this oven combo on the AJMadison web-site and alto the user gave it a 5 star rating, "TO ME" that rating was a "Form over Function" rating as they said it was a "fantastic looking professional Appliance" and well built, they also did mention the 900 Watt output instead of 1100 watts.

I will agree that it is nice looking, well built--(nice racks, control panel etc etc and also based on my 5 years of trouble free performance of My Elux appliances, (Oven, Real Speed Oven, Induction cooktop, & Wine Fridge)but I just don't see the microwave having "Professional Performance" or even "Average Performance" in this case.

Folks with the real Elux Speed ovens seem happy with them, as am I, but folks with the Advantiums seem very happy too, I think the weak spot of a GE Speed oven/regular oven combo would be the oven and not the advantium.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here