Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caro2004

Kitchen Aid/JennAir: range and oven

caro2004
12 years ago

Hello!

I picked out appliances the other day. I know that Wolf is awesome and I really loved the 36 inch range and a separate wall oven. I am not sure that I am as in love with the price!! :)

The lady that I was working with suggested that I look at Kitchen Aid or JennAir as alternatives/different price range.

My biggest worry: right now at my house I have a Wolf 36 inch range (6 years old) and love it. The oven is very quiet, slight noise of fan if it is on convection. My current wall oven is a Thermador (6 years old). I like it, but I hate the fan. It runs constantly while the oven is on and that kind of noise drives me crazy. My mother has GE Profile double ovens that are 5 years old and the fan on that is unbelievably LOUD. And it continues to run even after you have shut the oven off. It will run for another 45 mins or more depending on how hot the temp was that you were cooking on. At least my Thermador fan cuts off the minute you cut off the oven.

So, I initially said I would get the Wolf products b/c quiet fan noise if fan noise at all. But, this is for a second home and I am having a hard time swallowing that price pill.

Does anyone know anything about fan noise on the Kitchen Aid or JennAir? And I would be interested in any thoughts regarding these products in general. I don't have the item number....it would be a dual fuel range and a wall oven. Or a gas cook top and I would buy two separate wall ovens (b/c I can't do double ovens due to space).

Thank you so much!!!

Comments (3)