Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Bosch 800 Plus- Am I missing Toe Kick Plate?

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

.... or is this it? My DW is paneled and I'd like my cab maker to make me a matching toe kick but I am wondering if I am missing the one that came with the appliance as well?

I can't find an email for Bosch-- just a phone number. I'll have to try later if I don't get an answer here : )

Comments (15)

• kgolby
    11 years ago

If the DW needs to be replaced how would you remove the toe kick that matches cabinetry w/o damaging it? May be a stupid question but I'm in the same situation as 2LittleFishies. I have a Thermador DW w/ the black panel at bottom but no matching toe kick.

• otterkill
    11 years ago

Try velcro tape. They sell it everywhere in many strengths and sizes. Could work.

• xedos
    11 years ago

Your cabinet maker will have the answer to that, depending on what system they use. It's not a new issue.

Velcro, screws, clips, dowels, blocks - there are many things that can be used.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes over on the kitchens forum people mentioned velcro. Hopefully the cab maker will make something. I think it looks bad and a few guest have mentioned, "Why didn't they put something there?" Thanks!

• moebus
    11 years ago

Rather timely subject as I just installed the toe kick under my dishwasher today. Unlike yours, my model has the 3 piece toe kick. There are 2 rectangular holes in the 2nd piece which do not appear in your pictures. The 3rd piece 'L' moves in or out to accomodate the inset depth of the kick.

In my case the cabinet maker supplied a kick piece fitted for the space and I just used Velcro to hold it to the part 'L'. In your case the cabinet maker should supply a small box faced with your kick material and your moulding that will slide in and fill the space. It can be held by Velcro if necessary.

Be careful however because the bottom of the door panel descends below the full height of your toe kick as described in several other threads here. The maximum height of your inset box will be determined by how low the panel goes and will likely be less than the height of your kick.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Our 800-Plus looks like yours, in the photo you posted, except we don't have the sticker, just all black. I never noticed, but there is an island three feet away and in front of it, so no across-the-room-view to see it.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! The cab maker is coming tomorrow or Monday to bring me what he came up with : ) I'll follow up then!

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Glad your cabinet maker came through 2LittleFishes.

Nice solution description and reminder, moebus. Thanks.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yay! : ) Used blocks and velcro...

• whit461
    11 years ago

Great to see this, 2LittleFishes, we love your kitchen. I just bought my 800 integrated and cabinets getting delivered next Fri. I am doing the DW install, and I hope it comes out halfway as good as your cabinetmaker did for you.

• xedos
    11 years ago

Looks great,.........................another satisfied GardenWeb customer !

• puddin
    6 years ago

dear 2 little fishes: in 2013 you did a toe kick for under your dishwasher. Here it is, 2017, and my sister just discovered her brand new Bosch dishwasher has a black toe kick (Bosch photo showed white, apparently no such thing). You didn't happen to video the process did you? Thank for any detailed information

• moebus
    6 years ago
    Give her the description I originally gave in this thread. It has worked for many others.
  • beaniebakes
    6 years ago

My Bosch came without a toe kick and my carpenter made one with a piece of wood painted to match the cabinet. I bought heavy duty Velcro to attach it after reading the posts on this thread.