Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36' Cooktop....which would you prefer...

Posted by clarygrace (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 12 at 7:37

We are definitely going with a 36" cooktop. I would prefer a 6 burner, but will compromise with 5 if it's the right one.
Have been looking at the Bertazzoni (6 burner) but also looking at the 5 burner Gaggenau...any thoughts or other advice? Much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36' Cooktop....which would you prefer...

The 5 or 6 burner question...the way I cook, 5 is more than enough. I don't have 6 pots small enough to all go in a 36" cooktop at once!

But I do prefer the space of a 36" to a 30.

o

I have the 6 burner Bertazzoni - almost 4 years now - and I really do like it. I've never used all 6 burners at once, but it's great to have the space to move pots around. I had originally intended getting a 5 burner Dacor, but the Bertazzoni was a much better price and I don't regret it for a moment.

o

thank you sara, it's helpful to know that the product works well and that you are happy. I'm sure I'll not use all 6 burners at once either, but you are right, having the space to shift pots/pans around is great! My GC is also an appliance expert and he likes the cooktop as well. I also like Gaggenau products and am hoping to get some feedback on it too!

o
RE: 36' Cooktop....which would you prefer...addendum

I must also add that I like the Bertazzoni because the two center burners are of equal capacity and I like the Gaggenau because the power/wok burner is in the center. I guess in the end it will come down to a trade off...

o

I can't speak of the newer Gaggenau cooktops, but FWIW, I have a 27 year old Gaggenau cooktop that continues to perform flawlessly with daily use. I've never had a service issue with it. Gaggenau has a reputation for putting out quality products. Good luck with your decision...many good choices out there.

o

We're just starting our remodel, but we bought the Dacor 6 burner 36" rangetop. When we did our research, we took our biggest normally used soup pots and 14" skillet to the showroom and tried them out to see what we liked best.
Go to the link to see the one we bought; and it's made in the USA too.
They also make a higher end one with a few more bells and whistles.

Now just have to find a range hood...

Here is a link that might be useful: Dacor Range

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here