Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
42' Built in Fridge Questions

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 6:50

I think a 36" is too small for our family so am thinking of the 42" French Door KitchenAid. However, one thing I don't like is that they are not zero clearance doors. SO, the cabinetry isn't totally flush like with a Thermador refrigerator.

I am still trying to figure this out, but the Kitchen guy and GC said it depends on the brand and how they do their doors. Anyone know how GE monogram's doors are?

I really was try to avoid side by side b/c we hated our last one (although it was 36"- maybe 42 would be better?)

I think THermador is coming out with a 42" french door soon. Anyone hear about this?

Any other options you would recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 42' Built in Fridge Questions

I'll be interested in the responses. I'm in the same boat you are. I looked at the Thermador SbS yesterday and for the money, the inside plastic seemed kind of cheap. I wasn't impressed. Fell in love with the Sub Zero but that's not going to happen. So, I'm onto the Monogram or Profile or KA now. The guy at the showroom showed me the hinges on a non built-in model. You can see how the doors would need some extra clearance to open properly. The built-ins just look better IMHO but it's a delicate balance between asthetics and cost. I'm struggling with this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here