Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bertazzoni Range - Gas Line Location

Posted by KristenSGC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 6:29

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around these parts for awhile now (which has been a huge help during the planning of our kitchen remodel -- so thank you!) and I seem to recall that there's a few people who have Bertazzoni ranges. I'm hoping someone can tell me where the gas line is supposed to go. I find the manual a bit confusing. According to the text, the line should be no higher than 3 inches above the floor but the diagram seems to show it 18 inches from the ground. My plumber followed the diagram but now that the range is in place, it just doesn't look right.

Does anyone know what the correct placement should be? Am I reading this part of the manual wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bertazzoni Range - Gas Line Location

The diagram suggests that the gas can be 18-21" off the floor - I would bet that the no more than 3" off the ground is in reference to the electrical outlet.

o

The gas line for my Bertazzoni cooktop runs inside the cabinet next to it, then at the top goes through the cabinet side, into the cooktop. The shutoff valve is at the bottom, near the base of the cabinet.

o

The manual does say 3 inches for the electrical outlet. So I guess someone screwed up the text for the gas line paragraph. I mean, it's less likely that a diagram would be wrong, right?

The 18 inches would have made total sense to me with a cooktop but with the range it just seemed so odd.

I'm starting to think the problem is the way they installed the gas line. If the nozzle was flipped around, it probably wouldn't look so odd. I want to be able to push it back against the wall (once it's finished, of course) and that seems unwise/unlikely as it is now. I guess I'm asking the plumber to come back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here