Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imagination2013

dcs 36inch ag versus wolf 30 inch dual

Imagination2013
10 years ago

Dear all,

I have read and re-read posts, to determine between these 2 units. I am close to executing a remodel, and look forward to get getting the best possible kitchen within space provided,

I would like recommendations in determining on how enamel cooktop of Wolf will fare with the beaded blast rangetop of DCS over long term.
Are you happy with it?
Eventually the ranges will look used, but can anyone please recommend on how these surfaces look after long use. Stainless Steel will get scratched, but after getting random scratches initially, does it look better? (kinda like a well used Stainless steel vessel ) than an enamel rangetop?
I will expect to have boil overs (milk),
. My mom in a different country has a stainless steel cook top and loves the ease of use.

next:I am struggling between these choices.
Between 36"DCS AG and 30" Wolf DF -

I worry about splitting of oven enamel in Wolf, loud fan noices in DCS, Yellowing or browinng of SS surface in DCS, and wonder if will I like the enamlled top look of Wolf.

I have tried making tortillas (fresh ones) on wolf. It works great. Love its looks of Wolf and DCS is pretty good too.

If anything - I want to clean lesser and want the appliance to stay nicer looking longer. (even with I expecting to have boil overs with milk).

We don't use m/w. Suspicious of its health hazards, and are fine using range for reheating. Range is heavily used.
We are vegetarians (egg ok).
I bake cookies/cakes and snacks in oven and home made pizzas.
Most of my cooking is in the range. I amake 3 meals a day, fresh.
I make fresh whole wheat tortillas everyday on the gas range. (Picture spilling of flour as the tortilla cooks directly over the range and bubbles up)
Milk spill overs ( about two times a week)
My current black enamel looks pretty bad around the burner... and even the burner (sealed ) functions okay but looks very dirty.

I am happy with sim of both units, I am happy that both are similar in BTUs,
I didn't want the center burner in 30 inch DCS and hence haven't considered that here.
I use about 3 burners at a time at max.

Self cleaning option isn't a must -but I read tha Wolf DF has lesser issues than Wolf AG, hence going with it,. and also DF does better in ovens.

Thank you!

Comments (4)