Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Tassimo Recall!

Posted by fauguy (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 5:38

I saw this on the news.
Checked the site, and my Tassimo model TAS651 is part of the recall. I entered in the serial number, and they are going to send out a replacement part that replaces the internal holder of the T-Disc.
There are also some "bad" Espresso T-Disc that get clogged, but I checked mine and they are not in the recall.

See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://tassimosafetyrecall.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Video

Here is a video that shows the part that you replace:
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aagr_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Tassimo-Site/Sites-Tassimo-Library/default/docs/t-disc_holder_replacement.wmv

Here is a link that might be useful: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aagr_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Tassimo-Site/Sites-Tassimo-Library/default/docs/t-disc_holder_replacement.wmv

o
RE: Bosch Tassimo Recall!

Thanks for sharing the info! I checked and this recall doesn't affect me but I've passed your link to some friends who also own a Tassimo.

I used to have the Keurig and thought it was great until I was given a Tassimo as a house warming gift. I really find a huge difference in the Tassimo and everyone agrees that the flavor of the coffee is richer and fuller. I think having the machine read the bar code when pre-heating the water really does make a difference in the preparation for the different types of coffee.

I also love it for tea and as a hot water dispenser for so many other things like ...instant cereal, hot cocoa, and instant soup. It's really decreased how and why I use the microwave.

o
RE: Bosch Tassimo Recall!

Only took two weeks to get the new part (it said 4-6 weeks). Simple to change out (easier than the video shows). It basically "seals" the area where the T-Disc is, so steam can't burn a person. I haven't tested it yet though with a T-Disc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here