Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheryldee_gw

Help me decide - counter depth FD refrigerator

cheryldee
11 years ago

Have a tiny kitchen, need a counter depth refrigerator.

Have looked at probably every single refrigerator within 30 miles and are deciding between a 25cf LG (with water in door) or a 22.6 Electrolux (without water in door)

The LG has shallow shelves, a shallow deli bin and three smaller produce drawers - bins on the right hand door are really deep though. The ice/water unit is flush against the left door so it doesn't take up shelf space. And it has twin condensers or something like that. Consumer Reports rates it pretty high. Plus husband likes it because of all the bells and whistles and the children have also promised to drink at least 3 glasses of water every day! (maybe I should get them to promise to walk the dog every day too!)

The Electrolux has a flat front which is the look I prefer (+ live in San Francisco so we only need ice one week in May and one week in September - otherwise it's about 65 year round.) Shelves/deli drawer are deeper and I like the 2 vegetable bins. Have calculated square inches of shelves/bins, and this Electrolux has more flat surface than the LG. I would love this, but 95% of the reviews I've read are about Electrolux's problem with water/ice in door (which I won't have). Consumer Reports rates Electrolux a little below the LG

It's not the initial costs that bother me, but I don't want to have to budget for constant service calls. I'm hedging towards the Electrolux without ice in door - anyone have experience with either refrigerator. Thanks.

Comment (1)