Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amybo_gw

under cabinet microwave or microwave drawer?

amybo
12 years ago

I only have room for around 30" upper cabinet that is next to the frig and dishwasher. There are other cabinets that are further away close to the cook top but they are not as convenient for every day cups and plates.

Option A - It would looks prettier to have regular wall cabinet between my frig and window and use a microwave drawer under the counter. This would allow me to put cups and plates in the upper cabinet which I probably need more often than the microwave.

Option B - mount microwave under the cabinet, the cabinet above microwave becomes too high to be useful for every day cups and plates. In this case, I would have to put cups and plates in the drawers under the counter.

I am leaning towards option A since I need plates/cups more often than microwave. However, I am not sure how annoy it is to bend down to put plates in the microwave drawer (I am 5'5" and husband 6'2"). I also not sure if soup would get spilled when I open/close the drawer. We do use microwave a lot of heating up drinks and soups.

What's your opinion?

Thanks,

Amy

Comments (5)