Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going to clean my Modernaire baffles for the first time

Posted by SeaKoz (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 0:36

Hi Folks,

I'm coming up on the first time I need to clean the baffles in my modernaire range hood. Any tips or tricks? I'm planning on sticking them in the dishwasher to wash them.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going to clean my Modernaire baffles for the first time

Nope, no magic needed - just remove them and stick in the DW.

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Doc

o

I'd recommend using the top cycle on the DW (potscrubber or some such) and add all the extra heated water options. Baffles have lots of grease on them and need all the help they can get!

o

Thanks for the tips! I'm running it in "heavy duty" with sani-rinse. I'm amazed at how much grease they picked up in a month!

o

Don't you just love the easy cleaning of baffles? I pop my Rangecraft baffles in the DW every other week or so (I used to do it once a week, but I keep forgetting), and they come out nice and clean. I can't believe anyone would want to clean a squirrel cage VAH when baffles are so unbelievably easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here