Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extra side trim for Miele dishwasher

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 0:28

We have a 24in opening and the Miele is slimmer than that. Based on research on this forum, I realized that Miele sells a edge trim piece. Unfortunatelythey do not have a picture of it. Has anyone used it and tell me how it is attached? Am I better off asking my cabinet guy to build something for me?

To add a twist to this, my Miele La Perla is stainless steel but can have a custom panel. It has the control in the front which is what DH wants. I am wondering if I should do a custom panel or live with stainless. Everything else in the kitchen is paneled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extra side trim for Miele dishwasher

When our kitchen was remodeled in 2006, the dishwasher opening was made a standard 24", as we were buying a GE Profile. Since it had numerous problems over the course of a year, then replaced by an Elextrolux that was junk, I did some research and got a Miele Diamante Plus about 2.5 years ago (stainless door with control panel on the front). It was able to install just fine in the 24" space using the four side-mounting screws (2 on each side). granted, the space is a tad wider than I'd like (and what is recommended), but it's livable. If I got a panel ready unit, then the space would be too noticeable, or made the front door a bit wider to fill in the slight gap on the sides.

I've yet to see any pictures of the side trim kit that Miele makes. Someone said before that it was intended for much larger openings than 24".

o
RE: Extra side trim for Miele dishwasher

The miele pieces are a joke really. Best to have your cabinet maker whip up a filler strip or two to match.

I'd leave it all stainless unless the height of one of your drawers is the same as the height of the miele control panel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here