Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangea_2008

Refrigerator: 36 inch, counter depth, energy star rated

hydrangea_2008
15 years ago

I am on the lookout for a 36" fridge - counter depth, energy star rated and with a bottom freezer. I am unable to find comprehensive information about it. I saw that Fisher Paykel has one (RF201ADUX) - but cannot figure out if it is Energy Star Rated. Is there any other fridge (other than a Liebherr) that can work? I seem to find 3 out of the 4 things (for example KA has one, but it is not counter depth).

I dont need ice/water on the door.

Can the experts here please help?

Comments (10)

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

AJ Madison has a program that allows you to select feature your need/want. Here is a link to a list of refrigerators that meet your specs.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison frigs

• gary1227
    15 years ago

We just purchased a KitchenAid counter depth french door model with bottom freezer and water dispenser inside the refrigerator. This model is slightly taller than others and offers more space in the fridge and freezer. It is engery star rated with an annual estimated energy cost of $41. Very good for this size unit. The model numbers in this series start with KFC and is one of Kitchenaid's newest and most energy efficient models. We like it.

• Fori
    15 years ago

The fridge Gary describes is my choice if I don't get a built-in model. It's very nice and if you're interested in French door styles, it's (obviously) my favorite.

• hydrangea_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Gary1227 and Fori. Is it the KFCS22EVMS? It sure looks nice. I will check it out.
    This cabinet depth fridge is still 30+ inches with handle.Are there any that are slimmer? I have a small kitchen an concerned about the fridge jutting out.

• Fori
    15 years ago

Liebherr has one that is truly counter depth. It's another French door and only in stainless (for the freestanding model). It's about 15 feet tall and kind of imposing for a small kitchen. I exaggerate, a little, but it's pretty nice. And huge looking. But good in some spaces.

• Fori
    15 years ago

Oops you already ruled that thing out. I don't think the FPs are energy star.

• dcvoigt
    15 years ago

I am getting the non french door CD KA bottom freezer. It is energy star rated and a little smaller than the one mentioned above. Mine will be coming soon.

Cindy

• Fori
    15 years ago

CD fridges will all (except for the oddballs like Liebherr) stick out some, but the box of the fridge should tuck in. The doors and handles are going to stick out. It's really not as bad as it sounds when you're just looking at the numbers.

• gary1227
    15 years ago

This is our KitchenAid KFCO22EVBL custom panel model. It does still out a bit from our cabinets. All models in this series start with "KFC"

• msgreatdeals
    15 years ago

If you didn't get a refrigerator yet, and you have a Pacific Sales near by, they have a counter depth KA I believe 19.7 FD SS on sale for $1798. Close out.