Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
preemiemom0703_gw

Question for R304 Wolf owners

preemiemom0703
11 years ago

Our local appliance dealer has a Wolf R304 range discounted to about $3800. I was reading the AJ Madison description and noticed that it says in regards to the burners/knobs: "The large red control knobs have FOUR POSITION SETTINGS." Does this mean I can ONLY use simmer/low/med/high? Or can I set the flame somewhere in between the way I'm used to with our old Dacor?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dana

Comments (7)

• julieste
    11 years ago

In between works.

• jellytoast
    11 years ago

Out of curiousity, is that for a brand new model or a floor model? If it is a floor model, you may be able to negotiate a better discount.

• preemiemom0703
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU for the info!! I even dreamed about the gas knob settings last night because I just couldn't fathom how you could be restricted to four settings. I double-checked my notes. It's actually $3289. Woot! I'm dropping the kids off at school then headed directly there this morning.

• sbp725
    11 years ago

Preemiemom0703: have you gotten your range yet? I, too, was offered a discount on a floor model of this range at about the same price and am strongly considering it for our kitchen remodel. Curious to know your initial impressions!

• sbp725
    11 years ago

Preemiemom0703: have you gotten your range yet? I, too, was offered a discount on a floor model of this range at about the same price and am strongly considering it for our kitchen remodel. Curious to know your initial impressions!

• julieste
    11 years ago

We got a floor model 30" about a month ago for $3200. We've been very pleased with our purchase, and it has great control of the cooking function. We certainly haven't seen any reason yet why we'd need more BTUs on the burners, and I like the fact that all burners have the same BTU capability. The only thing I would comment on is that if you have not had the gas oven before, the gas oven does vent quite a bit of hot air into the kitchen. We had a dual fuel prior to this range, and that was not the case with that.

Do a search under my name, and you'll find a report I made after owning the range for a couple weeks.

• jellytoast
    11 years ago

I also purchased a 30 inch floor model recently and I couldn't be happier with this range. I haven't used the oven a lot, but I did bake a layer cake and some cookies and they came out perfect ... the oven temp is spot on and it bakes evenly. I've always had a gas stove, so if it vents hot air into the kitchen, I haven't noticed it. I LOVE the way the top comes apart for cleaning if things should get really messy. The burners function very well, and I agree with needinfo1 that they have plenty of power. The simmer setting works very nicely, too. I really enjoy cooking on this stove! It's a shame that Wolf discontinued this model and I am happy that I got one before they were all gone.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!