Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances in Our New Home - Finally!

Posted by hpxmirage (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 12 at 23:57

Thanks in large measure to many contributors here, we not only decided on our appliances over the last year or so, but are within a week of closing and moving in. I grabbed a couple of quick pictures today after the punch list walk-through.

I decided on the Culinarian range after a visit to the Capital plant in July of 2010, graciously hosted by Surjit Kalsi (and in the small world department, Trevor from Eurostoves was there the same day). We bought our six burner 36 inch self cleaning range from Trevor earlier this year. He could not have been easier to work with or more helpful.

On the pallet in the installer's warehouse:

Photobucket

And in the new kitchen, taken from behind the breakfast bar. The depth is deceiving, as it looks like the pantry to the left of the range is practically on top of it. In truth, the entrance from the main hallway is just beyond the pantry, and there's a generous walkway between the range and the island (which is about 3 feet by 6 feet.

Photobucket

The range hood was built by our cabinet maker, and houses a 40 inch ModernAire PSL hood insert. The cabinetry conceals ten inch duct that feeds up into the attic and a Fantech silencer, and the air gets pulled by a Fantech 1266cfm exhaust fan.

A short counter run to the right of the range is our Miele Speed Oven and warming drawer beneath. We have several friends who've double-stacked 30 inch ovens, and placed their warming drawer beneath, almost to the floor. They don't use the drawers much, and it's easy to see why. We are really going to like the easy height of this one, and the open sides of the Miele drawer.

Beyond is our fridge, a floor model BI-36U that we bought at significant discount a year ago and placed in our installer's warehouse.

Photobucket

I was going to buy a new Miele Diamante Plus dishwasher, then the new line came out, and I was set to buy a Dimension. Then the same dealer who sold me the warming drawer (also a floor model) said he had a floor model LaPerla that looked like new, even though it was used for dishwashing after demos and customer lunches. Would I be interested in that, at a price less than the new Dimension, with full factory warranty? Yes, please. The sink is a Franke.

Photobucket

Thanks for the many good discussions and recommendations. We're looking forward to getting moved in and cooking up a storm in our new kitchen!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances in Our New Home - Finally!

Beautiful!

o

I know you were posting about appliances, but your hood detail is stunning! You really should post your kitchen over in the kitchen forum. Well done!

o

Michelle and Angel, thank you. I will post the kitchen in the next few weeks, but today was moving day. It'll be a while. :-)

Photobucket

o

I have the Miele speed oven on my list so can't wait to hear about your experiences with it. We are going to stack a Miele Speed oven under a Miele Steam oven. At first I wasn't too keen o the black glass but repeated trips to the appliance showroom and well....I kinda fell in deep like with the look.

Yours looks great stacked with the drawer. I have been going back and forth between the Bluestar and Culinarian range and decided (yesterday during a Bluestar 4 hour cooking demo) that the Bluestar was the right range for us and it really came down to looks for us. I think both are awesome!

Post more pics as you get settled!

o

Zowie - looks great!
What tile did you use. It might work in our kitchen also.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here