Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hpxmirage

Appliances in Our New Home - Finally!

hpxmirage
12 years ago

Thanks in large measure to many contributors here, we not only decided on our appliances over the last year or so, but are within a week of closing and moving in. I grabbed a couple of quick pictures today after the punch list walk-through.

I decided on the Culinarian range after a visit to the Capital plant in July of 2010, graciously hosted by Surjit Kalsi (and in the small world department, Trevor from Eurostoves was there the same day). We bought our six burner 36 inch self cleaning range from Trevor earlier this year. He could not have been easier to work with or more helpful.

On the pallet in the installer's warehouse:

{{gwi:1383342}}

And in the new kitchen, taken from behind the breakfast bar. The depth is deceiving, as it looks like the pantry to the left of the range is practically on top of it. In truth, the entrance from the main hallway is just beyond the pantry, and there's a generous walkway between the range and the island (which is about 3 feet by 6 feet.

{{gwi:1383343}}

The range hood was built by our cabinet maker, and houses a 40 inch ModernAire PSL hood insert. The cabinetry conceals ten inch duct that feeds up into the attic and a Fantech silencer, and the air gets pulled by a Fantech 1266cfm exhaust fan.

A short counter run to the right of the range is our Miele Speed Oven and warming drawer beneath. We have several friends who've double-stacked 30 inch ovens, and placed their warming drawer beneath, almost to the floor. They don't use the drawers much, and it's easy to see why. We are really going to like the easy height of this one, and the open sides of the Miele drawer.

Beyond is our fridge, a floor model BI-36U that we bought at significant discount a year ago and placed in our installer's warehouse.

{{gwi:1383345}}

I was going to buy a new Miele Diamante Plus dishwasher, then the new line came out, and I was set to buy a Dimension. Then the same dealer who sold me the warming drawer (also a floor model) said he had a floor model LaPerla that looked like new, even though it was used for dishwashing after demos and customer lunches. Would I be interested in that, at a price less than the new Dimension, with full factory warranty? Yes, please. The sink is a Franke.

{{gwi:1383346}}

Thanks for the many good discussions and recommendations. We're looking forward to getting moved in and cooking up a storm in our new kitchen!

Comments (5)