Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdoenumber2

New kitchenaid line on the horizon looks nice.

jdoenumber2
9 years ago

5 door frig. Ranges nicer looking the the new jennair. New handles that are classy. A much needed refresh.

Comments (18)

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Is there a link for that?

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Guess this is the fridge.
    Wonder why they dont make a counter depth version.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://insideadvantage.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=25&productId=7053

• fauguy
    9 years ago
  • fauguy
    9 years ago
  • jdoenumber2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My understanding is that it is in design still and they will probably be waiting to see what the ge/frigidaire merger has to present. The probably next year they will dominate and dominate. All speculation of course.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

The ranges do look nicer, and the commercial handles are sharp. I see 20K burners as well. I wonder if the five door CD will be a bit on the small side. I did notice they dropped the smaller "true" CD (sub 24" side body)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I'm glad to see this, Whirlpool was really pouring their money and effort into JennAir and a result KA was going stagnant. The "E" in the model numbers of the new products indicate they will be introduced this year. The new wallovens are already live on KA's website.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Not sure why I'd want a 5-door refrigerator. How many times will I remember which door my food is hiding behind? And bisecting the top freezer drawer will give it less room than a full-width drawer would have had.

• jdoenumber2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You need a 6 door frig. You just don't know it yet. The Korean companies are sitting and waiting. Then someone will have the 7 door frig within a couple more years.

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

JDoenumber2, it looks like someone in refrigerator design has been watching the razor blade industry ... because twin blades just weren't cutting it! ;-)

• schicksal
    9 years ago

The fridge looks pretty but having a tall freezer drawer at the bottom like that drives us nuts. Things end up getting buried. LG did a great job with their double freezer drawers. Much more functional IMO.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Two new see-thru dishwashers, KDTM804ESS (high end model with LED lighting and two smooth glide-out racks, MSRP $2000) and a midrange KDTM384ESS at $1200 that seems to still have most of the 804's features. Both look alike from the outside, with a big window so you can see your dishes getting clean. Why? I don't know, but they're starting to show up on fridges so why not? I have a countertop dishwasher with a window in the door, and some top-load and in-sink dishwashers from long ago had windows, but I can't think of any full-size dishwashers that had one until now.
    {{gwi:2133182}}

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Geee's , I wonder where Kitchen Aid ever got the idea of pricing a dishwasher at $2,000.00.

Gary

• xedos
    9 years ago

They're not going to sell many of that ugly thing priced at $2000.

• practigal
    9 years ago

I can see putting see-through door(s) on a refrigerator with multiple doors that we will allow you to open the correct door or drawer without opening several wrong ones (of course you would lose the space in the door which is the most valuable part of the refrigerator)...but I don't see the purpose on the dishwasher.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

There isn't really a functional purpose... it is just cool. You can watch the dishwasher in operation, no plexiglas required.

I guess it could be somewhat useful if the dishes weren't getting clean and you were trying to diagnose the problem. With this you could see if it were a loading or water pressure issue. The problem is that they made the window way too small. I'm not sure how well you'd be able to see the lower rack.

• lee676
    9 years ago

What I'm curious about is that the window is in the part of the door that normally houses the detergent and rinse aid dispensers as well as the round exhaust vent in other KitchenAid dishwashers, so they would have to be moved somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be room above or to the sides of the window, so it would be below. The top of the standard door is substantial thicker than the lower portion, enabling the lower rack to be longer front-to-back taking advantage of the thinness of the door in front of the lower rack. So it seems the racks would need to be redesigned to accomodate the window door. Doesn't seem they just put this door on an existing machine without redesigning alot of parts.

Wouldn't a window compromise noise level as well? Can't put insulation there. Two layers of glass/plastic maybe?

This post was edited by lee676 on Wed, Jan 28, 15 at 15:14

• jdoenumber2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is not expected to take off. It replaces another exparimental sku. It will either gain traction or something else will replace it in a year.