Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about double oven range

Posted by calizzy (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 23:12

I have searched on here regarding double oven ranges, but the reason I am interested in one is different than the other posters, so I thought I would post my own question. I don't do a ton of baking, or see any need in my life to cook at 2 different temps. The reason I am interested in the double oven range is because I live inthe desert and it is bloody hot here. It is way too hot to use my oven a good 4 months of the year. I would assume that the smaller upper oven would generate much less heat that using a standerd full size oven, no? Can anyone with a double oven range tell me if you have noticed a difference in heating up your house with the smaller top oven vs. a standard size oven?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about double oven range

I had one and it heated up much quicker. It is heating a much smaller area as well. The amount of heat generated would be less. The amount of insulation would determine how fast the heat is dissipated.
There are some things that don't bake as well. The element is much closer to your food so things with a high sugar content might tend to burn I used to preheat the oven to 50 degrees over the required baking temperature when baking something like muffins and then put them in after an "on" cycle and turn the oven to the right temperature. It saves an "on"cycle or two and kept them from burning. It is great for pizza.

o
RE: Question about double oven range

Here's a video review from a NY appliance store that addresses exactly this issue. Quick summary: Appliance dude was surprised that these sell so well, but it's in part because they don't heat up small NYC apartment kitchens.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curtos range review

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here