Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 gas ranges, bosch, ge, kitchenaid or nxr...which one??

Posted by tbraden32 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 23:08

OK,

Doing a slight remodel to our kitchen and upgrading some appliances from all black to stainless steel, also going from Electric to Gas. Been reading every thread and review on the following gas ranges.

KitchenAid ArchTechII KGSS907S - $1500
Bosch Integra 700 - $2000
NXR DRGB3001 - $2000
GE Cafe 907SS - $2200

Of course there are mixed reviews on all. Want the one with the best bang for the buck. I am not a professional cook or baker. However, trying to get that nice look, but for a great price.

What's your thoughts and opinions?

(would love a Wolf, but also would love a Lambo too.. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 gas ranges, bosch, ge, kitchenaid or nxr...which one??

Forgot to mention, all gas or dual fuel is ok. But from my research leaning towards all gas. Prices seem to be about the same too.

o
cgs980s vs the newer cgs985s

Well I had a chance to see some ranges in person today. Looks like I am leaning towards the GE Cafe, they did not have a Bosch available.

Now my question is, is there much difference between the two models of the GE Cafe

CGS980S vs the newer CGS985S? Is there a $300-$400 difference?

o

berta

o

Huh?

o

Of those you listed the NXR without any doubt.
It is better than the GE.

o

1. bertazzoni

4. ge cafe
5. bosch

23. kitchen aid (dont try to use self clean cycle ever)

25. china aka "nxr"

o

Don't listen to the "China" haters, it is pure nonsense.

The NXR is not "made in China" anyway, it is basically assembled in China with excellent parts from all over.

Burners, Ignitors, valves are exactly the same ones Wolf uses from Germany. The convection fan and motor are from Germany.
Hinges are from Italy, oven and broiler igniters are from New Hampshire, few other parts from Australia and the USA.

Take note that not a single person that spews the usual nonsense of "china, NXR" actually owns one or more than likely has never even seen one.

Bertazzoni's look pretty decent to me and should be on your list, we may have bought one as it was on our short list but it cost $600 more than the NXR we bought and had such a tiny oven. Plus the NXR has IMO much better burners.
I don't like having only one decent burner then 3 small burners from 3400btu up to 11,000btu.
I much prefer to have all 4 burners to be 15,000+btu, plus have all 4 go down to a very low simmer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here