Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador or Wolf 36 inch rangetop

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 23:06

I hope i can get more answers if i move this question to separate topic�
I need to get 36 inch range top with griddle TOMORROW.
The only two that are available for immediate delivery are Thermador and Wolf�.

Which one would you pick?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador or Wolf 36 inch rangetop

I don't think you'd be unhappy with either. I recently bought a Wolf range and I'm happy with it, but I think burners with a star pattern would heat more evenly in the center of cookware. Blue Star and American open burners are probably better star shaped burners, but Thermador's may be better than the large round Wolf burners. Again, I think you'll be happy with either. I might check on local service history with both. Probably won't need it, but some manufactures have better or worse service in some areas.

o

wolf , no questions.

those star burners while nice in theory, constantly "click" on and off to get to a simmer temp. Some people find it very annoying.

o

If you need to match the size and shape of your burner closely to the pan as in a cast iron or steel then the shape is more important. If you have pans of heavy aluminum or involve adequate amounts of copper they will heat much more evenly and it won't matter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here