Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All-Fridge with left hand hinge - is there such a thing?

Posted by mactac11 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 23:06

I've been looking for months for something, and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a fridge with a left hand hinge (ie handle on the right) that doesn't have a freezer.

It seems as though every all-fridge opens left to right, and I cannot find one that works the other way. I cannot find one with a reversible door, either.

Any help?

Preferably I'd want one that is 32 or 33 inches wide.

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All-Fridge with left hand hinge - is there such a thing?

A search on AJ Madison show Danby, Thermador, Liebherr and Gaggenau are the ones that makes an all-fridge model with a field-reversible door.

o

All fridges with left hinging are available from a lot of manuf. Some can or have to be ordered that way, while others are field reversible.

Your 32" requirement will be tough or impossible though,.

All-fridges with left hinging:

Thermador
SubZero
Gaggenau
Miele
Liebherr
Northland
Viking
GE Monogram

all are built in models, and none are "cheap"

This post was edited by xedos on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 16:25

o

I should point I'm looking for a stand-alone fridge, with an stainless finish. I've looked at all the brands listed above and can't find what I'm looking for : Standalone, all-fridge, stainless, 30-33"

o

I have a left hand hinge all-fridge by SubZero and it's stainless. However it's a 36" - will that size work for you? It's a great fridge BTW.

o

No, unfortunately, that is too wide. I assume that's probably a built-in as well, and I need a free standing.

thanks!

o

Northland makes a 30" all fridge with reversible doors. They are not stand alone fridges but maybe they will have some ideas for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Northland all fridges

o
RE: All-Fridge with left hand hinge - is there such a thing? Mayb

One more idea, Sunfrost refrigerators. They said they can make custom sizes on their website. The r19 is regularly 34" but maybe they can make it as a 30".
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunfrost R19

o

No - EXACTLY what you want is not available.

You may look to see if the Frigemore "twins" can have the doors reversed. Officially, they are not. But , looks to me like they use the same platform and hinges, ect for both the fridge and the freezer (which IS Left hinged).

your mileage may vary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here