Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Bosch dishwasher is made in Germany?

Posted by cindyklein (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 22:48

I tried searching but I'm still unclear on which Bosch dishwashers are still in fact German made. Trying to match up where it stands in price to an entry level Miele and maybe Asko.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Bosch dishwasher is made in Germany?

SHE9ER55UC ~$1700 delivered is best price.
partially integrated

SHV9ER53UC ~$1500 delivered is best price
custom panel

Found best price through google shopping.

You might be able to find open box,scatch'n dent cheaper.
Sometimes you see these on ebay for ~$1400.

Miele Futura Classic Series G4205SS $1249/Custom panel $1349
This least expensive Miele does not have built-in water softner. Bosch has water softner where user determines the level of softning.

Miele Futura Crystal Series G5105SC $1529/Custom Panel same price
Has self-adjusting water softner.

Asko does not have buit-in water softner.

Cheapest Asko XXL Series D5524XXLFI ~$849 custom panel

Asko XXL Series D5434XXLS in Cheapest ~$1099

* There are ADA compliant dishwashers for kitchens designed for wheelchair access than can be cheaper.

o

Dee has great advice. How did your kitchen shrine turn out, Cindy?

o

Just because it's an 800 Plus series Bosch dishwasher, doesn't mean it's made in Germany.

This one specifically states: made in Germany...

24" Panel Ready Dishwasher
800 Plus Series
SHV9PT53UC
39 dBA- Quietest BrandFlexible 3rd Rack with Adjustable Separators Provides Additional Loading CapacityMade in GermanySteelTouchâ„¢ Control PanelTimeLightâ„¢ Beams Remaining Time of the Cycle on FloorWhite Light Illuminates the Interior when the Dishwasher is Open
39 dBA- Quietest Brand
Flexible 3rd Rack with Adjustable Separators Provides Additional Loading Capacity
Made in Germany
SteelTouchâ„¢ Control Panel
TimeLightâ„¢ Beams Remaining Time of the Cycle on Floor
White Light Illuminates the Interior when the Dishwasher is Open

o

Funny! I recently asked the opposite question: which Bosch dishwashers are the new 3rd shelf models made in the USA. I understand they are essentially the same only larger (taller). I got very few definitive responses. It is my impression that all 800 plus models are German made (SHV9. SHV8, and SHV7). I wish someone with direct knowledge of the Bosch line would fill us in.

o

The four models at the top of the line that are advertised with 38 or 39 dBA sound levels are made in Germany; those that are 40 dBA or above are American. Other than being slightly quieter, the only added feature the German machines have are lower racks that allow every second peg to be folded down (rather than having to choose all up or all down) so that large bowls and the like will fit between the now widely-spaced tines. As useful as that is, for me it wouldn't be worth losing almost 2" of front-to-back depth in all three racks, as well as an additional $400 over the 40dBA US-made 800+ models.

o

My 42 dBA says Made in Germany.

And it doesn't have that "every other" fold down rack.

But then, I just remembered it's an SHX not SHV, and I believe not available after a few months ago...

This post was edited by foodonastump on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 22:41

o

I was referring to just the current lineup introduced in summer 2013. They added some new features at the time including the every-other-peg fold-down rack, interior lighting, and some adjustable sections on the top/3rd rack.

The Bosch sister brands Thermador and Gaggenau still use the German-style shallower (front-to-back) tub and racks; not sure where they're made. They still have a few features not found on the Bosch, such as a lower rack that can be set up to hold two rows of tall glasses or wine glasses and a third row of cups on the lower rack, on the higher-end Thermadors. This pic also shows the every-other folded tines (behind the utensil basket) which are now available on the high-end German-built Bosch DWs too.

o

Gotcha. Yeah I bought mine in the spring and saw shortly thereafter that it had been discontinued.

Interesting that they made changes to the top and bottom racks. In my opinion, on mine, it's the middle rack that needs a major redesign!

o

Gotcha. Yeah I bought mine in the spring and saw shortly thereafter that it had been discontinued.

Interesting that they made changes to the top and bottom racks. In my opinion, on mine, it's the middle rack that needs a major redesign!

o

My Bosch DW is being delivered today, along with the rest of my appliances. It sounds like it's one of the American-made ones -800 series but the db is 44 I think? Anyway, we were recently staying with friends and they had a newish Bosch DW (I don't know what model) and the bottom rack "fell off" every time you pulled it out. I'm going to go nuts if mine does that!

o

I just went to Bosch.com and they give the 9PT models as 34 1/8 tall X23 9/16 wide and 22 7/16 deep. The 7PT and 8PT models are 33 7/8 tall X23 9/16 wide X 23 7/8 deep. I guess that means only the 9 series are made in Germany now. There is not as much difference in the volume as I expected unless the inner demensions are different relative to outer on various 800 plus models.

o

SJ - On mine there's not a real hard stop at the end of the track, but there's a stop nonetheless. If I hadn't happened to have mine go askew a few days ago I wouldn't have even known what you are talking about. Nothing to worry about. Just glide the rack out calmly, don't try to launch it across the kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here