Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
philaseller

AGA refrigerator?

philaseller
12 years ago

We are thinking of buying the AGA bottom-mounted refrigerator but see so little information out there about it. We love the old-fashioned look of it. And since we are also thinking of getting the 44" AGA Legacy duel fuel range, the refrigerator complements it.

Does anyone own one of these refrigerators-- or the range?

Would love any feedback on them!

Comments (8)

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

hi Philaseller,

Look up "marthavila" in the search here and in the Kitchens forum. She's a member with an AGA Legacy and appears to love it. Gorgeous stove!

It looks like there are some good rebates for AGA appliances at the moment, too.

• marthavila
    12 years ago

Ok. It's Marthavila with her hand in the air and waving over here! :-) My good pal Circuspeanut is right when she says that I own an Aga. But, unfortunately, for purposes of this question, it's not an Aga Legacy. It's the Aga 6-4. I do love it and it's a gorgeous stove. As is the Legacy. But definitely two different animals. If it's of any help to you, here's an old thread about all the differences re the Aga line of ranges below. In the meantime, I know there are some Aga Legacy owners on the GW. Hopefully, they are still active (or lurking) and will will join this conversation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aga Ranges Thread

• philaseller
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you! Yes, I have seen that very helpful thread. Lots of good info.
    We love the look of the Legacy range, and are thinking that we could probably manage the small ovens since the kids have left the nest and we don't cook huge roasts anymore! Would love to hear from any Legacy owners and hear what they have to say.
    Amazed that no one seems to have an AGA refrigerator . Anyone?

• williakr
    9 years ago

Hello! I'm also considering the AGA Legacy refrigerator. Philaseller, did you take the plunge? Any other opinions out there?

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

It looks to be made by Whirlpool. It can also be bought as KitchenAid, JennAir, Maytag, Bosch, Viking, Dacor, and probably others too. It is a good fridge, and quite popular. You aren't finding reviews because barely anybody has this fridge, because barely anybody has an AGA. And there is really no reason to pay a premium for the AGA logo on your fridge unless you are trying to match the look, leaving a very small market for the fridge. You'll probably find the most reviews by searching under the KitchenAid brand.

• williakr
    9 years ago

Thanks hvtech42. Based on what I've read it seems to be made by Marvel, do you know if they are related? I am considering this fridge because it is a counter depth white fridge (don't like stainless, and want a more flush installation than I could get with a non built in model with panels) with an internal water dispenser that's substantially cheaper than the similarly sized kitchen aid or subzero that will fit into our kitchen layout.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Whirlpool and Marvel are not related other than their agreement to make this particular model. Aga and Marvel are related. However, Marvel does not actually make full size refrigerators themselves, they only make compact undercounter units. The built-in Marvel branded fridges are made by Northland I believe, and the freestanding ones are made by Whirlpool just like the Agas. I did not realize the Aga was cheaper than the equivalent KA, that is pretty surprising. If you like the look I see no reason why you shouldn't go for it.