Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabrio Washer died after 4 1/2 years!

Posted by secsteve (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 21:54

Boy am I ever bummed out. Cabrio started to make a very loud noise, so called my local repair folks.

He took one look at it, turned drum and said yep, cracked motor assembly or something like that. Long story short, cheaper to get a new washer than fix it. Ugh! The Cabrio we got has been good up to now. However, have been reading reviews on newer models and seems like they are a piece of junk.

I'm looking for a simple, nothing fancy top loader. Don't need all the bells and whistles that came with this machine.

I've heard and read good things about Speed Queen.

Comments/suggestion welcomed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabrio Washer died after 4 1/2 years!

Sorry to hear, you should expect 10 to 15 years of service from a major appliance that is well maintained.

Consider visiting the Laundry Room forum for washer/dryer issues. There could be tips on other equipment.

Laundryvet

o

Love our SQs. We have at least 10 of them in our business and one at home. The ones in our business go all day 5 days a week and on weekends some too. They have never had a service call. I believe they are repairable if the need should arise. The oldest one is over 5 years old.

o

Thanks for the input.

Went and got a new SQ 432 and it will be delivered tomorrow. I was really impressed with all the reviews I read and I really enjoyed dealing with the sales person. Not pushy and very straight forward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here