Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daf57

OTR Installation question - ceramic tile back wall

Daf57
9 years ago

Hello - hope it's okay to post an installation question here. Picture of area in question posted below

We are getting a new Frigidaire Gallery Series stove and want to get a matching OTR (Lowes Item #: 594072 : Model #: FGMV175QF). Potential installation snag is that our back wall is ceramic tile. I read the installation instructions online for that microwave and it state that it must be mounted from back and top - no island or peninsula installations. I'm not crazy about drilling into that ceramic tile if I don't have to - Lowes was rather vague about whether they would do that install or not.

Question to you folks, please. In order to have an OTR microwave in that space will we HAVE to drill into the tiling? Or is there another option or unit that would work? If drilling into the tile is going to be the case should we hire someone to come and install?

Here is a photo of the area in question:
http://www.dreamscraps.com/ee/otr-1.jpg

Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated! It doesn't have to be a Frigidaire - just the stainless steel is mandatory for us.