Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have an Elux IQ Touch Bev Center - depth question?

Posted by akcorcoran (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 21:40

I read on one of the reviews that the Electrolux Beverage Center does not sit recessed under a counter where the controls on the top of the door are covered.

My guess is that is because they think people might change the settings more easily but I'd rather it be flush under the cabinet and am fine opening the door to change the settings (rather than seeing the lights or hitting it all the time.)

Does anyone have one and can you speak to the depth? It says that to cover the door and control panel on top, the depth is 24 1/4" which is certainly deeper than a 22" countertop, even 22 1/2' or 23" if you have an inch granite overhang.

I'm trying to figure out if I add a little space underneath the island to allow space to recess it just a little farther, but then would it open?

Looking for any advice if anyone has one out there. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have an Elux IQ Touch Bev Center - depth question?

Here's where it's located under the island in our soon-to-be kitchen. I should also add that the Elux Bev Center opens the other direction - this is just how the CAD drawing drops it in. Thx!

This post was edited by akcorcoran on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 22:16

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here