Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram cooktop

Posted by elapie1879 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 20:23

My GE Monogram cooktop is new and looks great in my new kitchen the only problem is I'm having a hard time cleaning the cooktop. The black part under the grates. It is stained and I have used a sponge with soap and water. I've used bar keepers friend and bought a degreaser (weiman) and still I cannot get it cleaned. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What can I use to clean it so it is shiny again? I've only had it since December 2013. I attached a photo of what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram cooktop

I can't see any stains, just a greasy film. Have you tried a microfiber cloth? I love them for general cleaning or even our stainless steel cook top. They take away grease like an eraser removes pencil - amazing.

Alex

o

You might try a 1:1 mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. That's what I use to eliminate streaking in the same area. Also works great on mirrors.

o

I have a Dacor black cook top and clean up is a breeze
remove the grates and lift off the burner caps
I wipe the spilled food and grease off with my wet dish cloth and it looks just like your picture.
Next is the magic... I wet a microfiber cloth with water and go over the top again. Then I take a dry microfiber cloth over it again and it shines like it is in the show room. That is it
I use Norwex cloths but any soft microfiber cloth will do. The reason I use the dish cloth first is to avoid gunking up my microfiber cloth on big messes and having to wash it frequently, you see Microfiber cloths need to laundered on their own or with other items that do not produce lint and I hate to run the washer for one or two cloths.
Happy cleaning

o

Folks, I think those pans are scratched. Probably from the bar keepers friend.

elapie- I know your top is only a few months old, but remember - it's a tool. They only look brand new the day you take them out of the package. It's all downhill from there.

Just enjoy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here