Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moussy_gw

Basement kitchen - speed oven options?

moussy
9 years ago

We're in the planning stage of a small kitchen in our basement remodel. I'd like a speed oven, but the most likely location will be an under cabinet mount. Is the GE advantium 120v still the only option here? I'm gathering a 240v is better. I have mostly electrolux appliances in my main kitchen, but it looks like the electrolux speed oven has been discontinued. I think the Meile ovens get a lot of love here and I'm open to the option, but it will take quite a bit of reworking to get it above the countertop height. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Comments (5)

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Boy, I hope you are wrong about that, The Elux Speed oven being discontinued.

It does say that on the AJMadison site, but if you goggle Electrolux Icon, it still shows on the Electrolux Icon site.

There are still plenty of stores that have them, too.
    I've had mine for over 8 years now, and except for a screw coming loose for the handle, It has been trouble free.

It is our most used appliance.

It however can NOT be mounted below counter.

The Miele Speed oven does broil, and the Elux does not, as the heaters in the Elux speed oven are covered with slotted holes.

It is however much easier to operate than the Miele, pretty "intuitive", and it has fully automatic modes, if you choose to use it that way!!!j

Example, choose baked potatoes, it asks "how many", you answer, it sets up the preheat time and temp,it sets the ratio of nuking to convection baking, it sets the cooking time. It beeps when the preheat is done, and the display says install the food.

To use it as a microwave, just enter the time and push start, which even lites up green.

You have to pay extra for the automatic version in the Miele, Chef "something or other as I recall".

Well, I sure hope you are wrong about it being discontinued, I sure like mine and would not know what to do without it ~~~~maybe "Head for the Old Folks Home!!!!

Gary

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

You can install the miele undercounter. I wasn't clear whether you thought you couldn't.

• crl_
    9 years ago

Bosch benchmark is 240 and can be installed undercounter. It comes in 30 inch and 27 inch. I am hoping to use one in my upcoming kitchen remodel. Haven't really found reviews on it unfortunately. (I believe the non-benchmark Bosch soeed ovens are 120, but you should verify if important to you.). I believe the AJ Madison website lists a bertazzoni and a smeg speed oven as well. I am not familiar with their power or installation requirements.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison link for installation guide for Bosch Benchmark

• lee676
    9 years ago

Smeg 240v speed oven/convection/microwave can also be installed undercounter.

Note that only the 30"w version of the Advantium 120 wall oven can be installed undercounter, not the 27"w, nor the 240v versions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smeg SU45MCX

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I do believe the Icon speed oven has been discontinued, even though it is still on the Electrolux Icon website.

Electrolux has not updated the Icon website in years. It is clear they could care less about Icon anymore, and they are really focusing on the main Electrolux "Kelly Ripa" line.

The Electrolux Icon wall ovens show discontinued as well, but I think they may be planning to re-introduce the "Pro" style.