Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dual zone UC wine cooler: Subzero or Miele?

Posted by jdknyc (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 12 at 19:53

Originally we were thinking of getting the Liebherr WU4000, but friends of ours didn't have a good experience with them. Now we're choosing between the Subzero 424G and the Miele KWT4154UG1. The Subzero seems to consistently get great reviews on this forum. Haven't heard anything about the Miele but its shorter depth would allow me greater room for storage in my island. It's also slightly less pricey. If anyone has suggestions, please share! Thank you!!

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/424G.html
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/KWT4154UG1.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele wine cooler

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dual zone UC wine cooler: Subzero or Miele?

I mentioned this earlier today. Check out Perlick. Unbelievable. I thought sub-zero was great...and then I saw the Perlick. whoa. AND...I have found the place with the deals! Perlick sells Factory Seconds. If you are building it in, it really doesn't matter if it has a little ding on the top or the side, etc.

The man that I worked with is named Scott. Give him a call, tell him what you are looking for and he can help you out. He might find something that isn't listed on the website. They will ship it to you, pretty inexpensively too.

I was quoted $2k in the store for the one I'm getting for $860. It has a small dent on the side. I hope the cabinet next to it won't be offended!

Call Scott. Tell him I (Karen) told you to call.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick's Fatory Seconds

o

Thanks Beekeeperswife! I'm looking for a 24" UC dual zone, but not sure if Perlick offers one. Regardless I'll definitely check them out because you never know!

o

Good advice on the Perlicks. They are one of the few, and maybe the "Only" that offers variable speed compressors on their wine fridges.

Sooooo, what's the big deal about a variable speed commpressor??? Better temp control, (less temp fluctuation for your wines). More efficient. Less "Cycling" (on/off).

Need proof???

Remove the accelerator pedal from your car and replace it with an on/off switch and then get in and drive that succer,
(if you dare)!!!! The motor is either full on or full off, just like wine coolers or even fridges/freezers with old style compressors. They have to "Overcool", then shut the motor off, wait for contents to get "Too warm" and then come back on full blast---very "Ancient Technology" and Yep I have one, An Elux Wine Fridge, it does OK, but why not do better???? At least I did with my 48 JA built in Fridge!

Good luck on your choices!!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here