Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wall oven recommendation?

Posted by Jeanster (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 19:19

Hi folks - Great discussions on this site, and after reading through many posts we're liking the Advantium as our "second" wall oven/microwave, but still need to choose a primary wall oven. (We're getting a Wolf gas cooktop.)

Can anyone recommend an excellent wall oven at a decent prices without a host of problems? We've read it all at Consumer Reports, but then when we click on "user reviews" there or on other websites, the wave of negativity is overwhelming.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wall oven recommendation?

if you are going wolf cook top, I'd match it with a wolf oven. otherwise if you are sold on the advantium, get the matching style GE oven. when researching appliances, I get where you are coming from. all manufacturers don't have perfect records. buy what you like and fits your budget

Personally I have a DCS double setup coming for my remodel.

o

We went with the Miele and I can't say enough about it. Was considering Wolf as well, but the functions on the Miele were amazing (the master chef feature is incredible - cooks a prime rib perfectly every time). We are doing a reno at our cottage this year and will be splurging and buying yet another Miele double oven. It is amazing and worth every penny.

o

BTW - also went with a Dacor 36" range top and am very impressed with its function thus far. I had been sold on SubZero for the 48" fridge, but decided to go Miele on that as well and don't regret it. There is something about having crushed ice straight from the fridge that is a little decadent! I have the constant urge to offer everyone margaritas.

o

Thanks folks - I've been to two dealers (one very small, one major, both local-only) and gotten pretty much the same recommendations from both, so I think I'm set. Going to trust their experience and let go of the worry. Appreciate your responses.

o

Curiosity is overwhelming! What did you choose?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here