Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgolby_gw

Anyone purchased from Goedekers?

kgolby
11 years ago

I came across Goedekers website while looking for reviews on GE Cafe appliances I'm interested in putting in my kitchen. The prices they advertise are quite a few hundred dollars less than any store I've found locally plus there's no sales tax & free shipping. Just curious if anyone has purchased from this company before of has purchased appliances from another online company. Is it worth it or is it better to shop locally in case there are issues with the appliances?

Comments (59)

• gwenwilson
    6 years ago

I purchased a clock and bought the wrong size. My fault. It took a month to arrive and it has been two weeks of trying how to return it. I now find that it will cost more to return it than to keep it. And they have still not told me where to mail it. I am so sorry I did business with Goedeker's. I bought the right size clock from Amazon and got it, literally, the next day. I will give Goedeker's clock to Good Will. Beware of the low prices.

• Ben Paris
    6 years ago

I would stay AWAY from this company at ALL COSTS! I wish I had done more research prior to purchasing a major appliance from this retailer. They have a lot of advertising but their policies are extremely limiting and you wind up paying for it in the end.

We purchased a dishwasher only to have it go on sale the next day. A day after that we called and they stuck it to us and wouldn't honor their own sale price of $25 - we inquired about returning it - but then they threatened to withhold $300 in supposed shipping costs which was actually a completely b.s. made up amount to essentially prohibit a return.

Do NOT for one second believe their 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee - they could care less about your satisfaction (which I think all the rest of the 200 plus 1 star reviews up here indicate).

This company hides behind "God" but is incredibly dishonorable - you should stay away and don't make the same mistake I did.

• Duncan Carroll
    5 years ago

I would stay away far away from this company. I canceled my order that I paid in full, I have never been refunded, this was a month in a half ago. They have given me the run around ever since. I’ve posted negative reviews and they keep getting deleted. I seen other customer reviews that were negative and those were deleted. The bbb has complaints and actions filed against them.

• Jakvis
    5 years ago

You may need to contact the Attorney General for your state and also the state where the store resides.

• cc (Space Coast FL 9 )
    5 years ago

Dont be swayed by the low prices. Goedekers is an online order taker. After they take your money (immediately) they place your order and from there you are on your own. You will have to know to call the trucking co. to arrange delivery. Hopefully your order arrives undamaged otherwise you are out. You will have no contact with them after placing your order unless you call them.

• cc (Space Coast FL 9 )
    5 years ago

Buy from your local authorized dealer. Whatever you save going through Godeckers will cost you at least that much in headaches and concern.

• wekick
    5 years ago

They are a local dealer for me. They are known for their ads touting how they are closed on Sunday and use "religion" as a sales pitch.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/david-nicklaus/shift-to-e-commerce-pays-off-for-goedeker-s/article_9d255e4f-37bb-57ea-9122-e12963120187.html

• Sean Curry
    5 years ago

Be warned if you buy something from this people and try to return it. I purchased a set of stools which were about 300.00. They clearly stated "free shipping" and 30 days full refund on the invoice. After several calls to obtain a return authorization I finally sent the stools back (almost unopened - since I just didn't like the color). They proceeded to refund me only 240.00 and deducted 60.00 for shipping! I paid the return shipping which cost me 55.00. They now state they only refund the original price minus their shipping cost. If that's the case don't offer "free shipping" . So in short I lost 55.00 + 60.00 = 105.00 for ordering something I didn't keep. Never again. This is why people shop local !

• Yuan Bai
    5 years ago

Nightmare!! 2 out of 3 items are damaged with no options of return or exchange besides delayed delivery and horrible customer service.

I regretted that I haven't had time to research on this company ahead of time during the stressful remodeling process. I share most of the negative experiences other customers had. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Damages:

1. The delivery people helped us carry appliances to the 3rd floor along with the help of my husband and another person we hired. It was around 9 am. I was concerned about not having space for neighbors to walk through as well as delaying other deliveries they have. I asked them to remove all the packages and help me check if there are any damages while my husband and the mover were moving remodeling supplies to the basement to make room for the three appliances in our one-bedroom condo. The delivery people said everything is ok with the dim light in the hallway. I used the light from my cell phone to check as well, yet due to the dim light and how close they are to each other, I didn't notice there was a big dent on one side of the washing machine and scratches on the other side. After we took out our door and move all the appliances inside of the condo, with the bright skylight, we noticed there are scratches all over the front of the fridge. That's when I called Goedekers to report issues with the fridge and the washing machine.

2. A representative told me to email all photos to customer service. 2 Days passed. No responses. I called in on the 3rd day and unfortunately, I encountered Tiyana, which exacerbated the nightmare. She told me that there's nothing she can do right now because it's labor day weekend. She then asked me to send model and serial number, which I wasn't informed when I called 2 days ago. I called back after the holiday to follow up with her. I tried a few times through her colleagues to leave her messages for follow up. Through one of her colleagues, I heard Tiyana on the background giving out directions, stating that she didn't receive the model and serial numbers. Hence, I sent them in again. She didn't call me back as half of the day went by but was able to answer a call from me as a phone-in customer. There was no service in her customer service. Her style was demanding and rude. Towards the end, she said "I spent awfully a lot of time with you and I have other customers" and was about to hang up. I asked her to transfer me to a manager since she appears to be busy. She responded "all managers are busy." When I asked her to leave a note with the manager and let me know the time frame of the returned phone call. She refused to give any information and hang up the phone. This is truly unbelievable. I called back again right away and was able to reach a manager through another representative right away. This explains a lot about her "customer service."

3. I was told that I can't exchange or return them since they can't know who was responsible for the damages. Really, I regret that I was considerate of others at the time of delivery and assuming that the company will take care of the customers like most other companies.

4. Based on what other said, the chance or returning them is even slimmer if you don't have the original packaging. We broke them down right away since we have extremely limited space in our one bedroom condo especially with two new damaged appliances.

Delivery:

I was informed delivery will happen in 2 weeks. As a matter of fact, it almost doubled the delivery time like other stated. I wasn't informed that they will group all items together for them to be shipped all at one time. As you know, during remodeling time, significant delay usually makes the process more stressful and costly.

As of now, I am still not sure what are some options I have regarding the damaged appliances. Right now, Costco has the same fridge with lower price, a delivery within one week, free hook up and the amazing costco warranty + return policy. I am feeling so disappointed, drained and emotional with this battle with Goedekers.

Your experience could well be positive if the delivery is not an issue and there's no damage but I recommend don't risk it if you could pay a little bit more for better customer service and reliable delivery.

• Thomas Zanzucchi
    5 years ago

Never purchase from godekers! Unless low price is all you care about. No customer service, long delivery times, You will have to contact a&m trucking to arrange for delivery, godekers will refuse to call them for you, God forbid the appliance arrives damaged. Despite 30 dy. Return policy You will pay to ship it back plus godekers will deduct their shipping charges from your refund. In short you will be out a lot of money to return anything. They put God in their ad and are the most deceitful business I have ever dealt with. How hypocritical. Please shop at a local authorized dealer who can service what they sell. Todays appliances are not built like they used to be. All will fail and service is much more important than price. For your peace of mind shop elsewhere. If you ignore the edted reviews on godekers site and read unedited reviews like these on Houzz you will see most are negative very few are positive. That should answer your question "should I shop at godekers".

• HU-626738538
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have had the worst online shopping experience of my life with Goedekers. An antiquated tracking system (no link to UPS or Fedex). You must call or email to get a tracking number (not automatic feed). They take your card and charge it even if the merchandise is back ordered. Customer service has horrific follow up skills. They say "so sorry for the inconvenience" alot. Go with Houzz, Hayneedle, Jet, Amazon, Wayfair, Home Depot, Lowes, before Goedekers. Goedekers is in the dark ages. And the owner, Steve Goedeker is never around. Too busy giving news/youtube interviews. Get you butt in the office and tend to your operation.

• HU-58596770
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I regret trying to save a few bucks by dealing with this company. I ordered a table that was supposed to be delivered curbside, but instead it was delivered it to my apartment office. The table weighs 130 pounds, so it took me 4 days to find someone to help me take it to my apartment. I immediately opened the boxes to find multiple deep dents and scratches and reported it right away. Unfortunately it was after their 48-hour policy of reporting damage, so they wanted me to pay $200 to have it replaced or to return it for a fee plus shipping.

Wish I would’ve paid a little more with a reputable company like Overstock.

• zerafarg
    5 years ago

Stay away. Took over three months for delivery. No accountability from company for anything once they have your money (which they charge you in total "up front" not after the order is shipped). Was stuck waiting for items through the entire holiday season. One salesperson (Scott) was very helpful to at least get more detailed info on delays and how to break up order so pieces could be released and delivered but unfortunately there was nothing he could do at all other than to say sorry. Bad experience and in the end didn't save any money. Not reputable.

• melissahorton
    5 years ago

No they are not. A complete scam of a company. Houzz should not be selling their junk......because that is what they will sell you. Junk. Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/xfpQzjRxHUE

• HU-296604367
    5 years ago

I agree with all of the above. This company does not stand behind the products they sell. They hide behind their policies to steal money from honest customers.

• Tanya Angel
    5 years ago
    Don’t do it!!! Worst mistake I ever made.
  • label1177
    4 years ago

Do not purchase from this UNETHICAL and DISHONEST company. I am currently trying to obtain a refund for a refrigerator that was discontinued by the manufacturer and NEVER SHIPPED. They will do ANYTHING to avoid refunding a customer. Lying, refusing to return calls and supplying false shipping information are standard business practices for this company. Their CS reps will hang up on you. This company bills your CC when you place your order, not when appliances are shipped. I have now disputed the charge with my CC company. STAY AWAY FROM GOEDEKERS AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

• nshoemake
    4 years ago

Do not purchase from them. They are a ripoff company. Just look at all of the better business bureau complaints. We are having our credit card company back out the charges after continued delays and changes.

• Casey Storm
    4 years ago

Worst company ever. Liars, crooks, thieves. Won't cancel my order even though the product doesn't exist anymore. Now rthey want to charge me a shipping fee when they never shipped me anything. I had to call my credit card company to step in.

• laollis
    3 years ago

I purchased from them and saved money and had no problems.

• Brian Southwell
    3 years ago

Paid over $10,000 for a refrigerator on April 6th. "Salesman" Jack Findley promised delivery by the end of the week. Weeks later I realized that he had ordered the wrong handles. After that, no contact from him. My family has been living out of a cooler for 6 weeks! The company is horrible to deal with if anything goes wrong. Terrible customer service after they have your money. They claim it will be delivered May 16th. Nearly 6 weeks later.

AVOID at all costs!

• Chris Hebert
    3 years ago

I just made my second purchases of a Bosch Benchmark double wall oven at the very end of March. The first purchase was of a Samsung stove that was about 30% less than the closest price that included shipping and no tax back in 2015. It came in perfect shape no problems. It did take awhile to get, 30 days approximately. Which I knew from people’s reviews and was fine with. So back to the Bosch double wall ovens, it took 6 weeks to be delivered due to being back ordered during this Covid-19 pandemic. There could have been more communication from Goedekers but I called and was able to get updates. The ovens arrived in perfect shape and the delivery company did a good job of being careful taking the old ones out and installing the new ones. I preppEd the old ovens ( pulled the breakers and disconnected them. The price was the same as other stores for these Ovens,but there was no sales tax and free install and free shipping. So it was a substantial savings. I have had a good experience with this company.

• janeferri
    3 years ago

Just purchased for the first time from Goedekers. A Samsung gas range $1500.

We could have ordered from a local Home Depot but we decided to help a family

run business vs big box store. most likely will

not do that again. The customer service is appalling. After calling 3 times (each time waiting over an hr on hold) to resolve a problem, i was disconnected all 3 times. I’ve send 2 emails and have not heard back. Looks like I’ll be calling Amex next to dispute the installation charges as the delivery company did not install it. Oh and that Install kit that wasn’t present, is not needed when purchasing...just another way to make some addtl $$. if you read through the comments, there are many who say their customer service is lousy. To a consumer, CS is EVERYTHING for repeat business. For us, we are a one and done with Goedekers.

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    3 years ago

Goedeker's obviously pays for the biggest ad and is high on the search engines. I ordered a Whirlpool washer from them. Got an email notification about the transaction, then they answered a single question about delivery the same day, June 10, 2020. Their site said it was on manufacturer backorder. For over a month I tried calling and sent several emails weekly, never a single response!!!!!!!!

I filled a claim against them with my bank to get my money back.

A week ago I was surprised to get notified my washer was too be delivered.

On July 16th, 2020, it finally arrived in perfect condition. I connected it, it works fine.

I will remove the claim with my bank,

BUT GOEDECKER'S HAS ABSOLUTELY LOUSY NON EXISTENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Covid-19 is no excuse to get ignored for over a month and I only saved $20 over any local 4th of July sale prices.

DON'T BUY FROM GOEDECKER'S

Read their reviews elsewhere,

• Grandview
    3 years ago

I have experienced the same non-existent and incompetent service from them as all these other complaints. https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/ballwin/profile/major-appliance-dealers/goedekers-0734-110208035/customer-reviews

My next step is to contact the CEO who just took the helm last year

https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-moore-740533/

• Cloris Ellis
    3 years ago

Bad experience- Goedeker sells defective recliners and refuse to make it right. Warranty is BS.

• Cloris Ellis
    3 years ago

The only recourse consumers have is to contact the Attorney General, BBB, and tell everyone you know and do business with, about Goedekers deceptive practices, low quality merchandise, and non-existent customer service.

• Cloris Ellis
    3 years ago

The Better Business Bureau has issued an official RED ALERT warning consumers about Goedekers.

• HU-665307045
    3 years ago

Yes we purchased a TV stand from them. Very good quality and service, however due to COVID there was a delay in the delivery. Well pleased

• sherilawrence
    3 years ago

I would not recommend buying from Goedeker's if buying online. The fridge I bought was not described accurately so I called to inquire about returning it. They said someone would get back to me within a couple of days. 9 days later I finally called again and the person who answered said she couldn't help me but someone would get back to me through email. When they emailed me I told them I would like to return the fridge because the description was inaccurate (door was a rounded door and didn't match the flat door freezer right next to it). They told me I should have gone to a local store and looked at it before buying from them. What?? First of all, the fridge was back ordered so no one had it but why would someone suggest this? That's wrong. Go use another store then order from us?? Then they told me that I would have to pay to send it back and also pay for the original shipping cost which was another $240. So the fridge that cost me originally $776 I had to pay $480 to return. Obviously I didn't think this was reasonable. Someone called me back after I asked them to and said they would cover one of those charges and that I would have to pay 'just' $240. So I would still lose about 30%. That's unacceptable to me. The description should have been accurate. They said well it doesn't say the door is flat either. I didn't think to ask if the door was rounded. Who would?? Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this place, between an inaccurate description and then charging me 'just' $240, the resolution they suggested was a joke. Shop somewhere who stands behind their online product descriptions and takes care of their customers. She kept telling me that was all she could do and talking in circles.. but they have my money so there's not much I can do. Now I'm stuck with a fridge that doesn't work for me and I have to try and get rid of it (at a loss I'm sure) and they have my money. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• twrightwarner
    3 years ago

I am waiting 7 weeks and they will not give me a delivery date. Charged my credit card immediately but no deliver info. Customer service is poor. Long hold times before you can put in call back number. they call back with promises that they have information next week and they will call you but they do not call. when you call them they still have no information but they have your money.

• M
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Merchant agreements with the credit card companies usually require that the customer receives the product within 30 days of the card being charged. That's why reputable businesses typically don't charge your card until they are about to ship. If that hasn't happened in this case, it would give me cause for concern. You might want to reach out to your credit card company and ask whether you can revert the charge because more than 30 days have passed. Depends on their contractual details on whether this is possible, but it's worth a try.

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    3 years ago

I did exactly the same!! I used my debit with BofA and filed a claim after over 2 months. After I FINALLY received my perfectly new washer, connected it and did 2 loads with it working perfectly, then I canceled my BofA claim.

Over 6 months later, it still works perfectly, but GOEDECKER'S SUCKS!!!!!!!!

My complaints with Goedecker's still remain, including with the BBB and numerous others.

They are a HORRIBLE company and Covid-19 is no excuse for ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE IN OVER 3 MONTHS.

DO AS YOU FEEL NECESSARY

• Brandi McKnight
    2 years ago

ABOUT TO LEAVE REVIEWS ON EVERY single site I have access too. Super upset. Order items and called and had to emailed so many times with no response. Held for a long time today only to be told they no longer have the items. And was told to wait weeks for a refund or go pick something else. I don't care if it takes me ten hours today but I will copy and paste my review on every single site I can find. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    2 years ago

PUT FLAGS OUT EVERYWHERE. NOBODY SHOULD DO "BUSINESS" LIKE THIS. COVID-19 AIN'T NO EXCUSE

• Chris Hebert
    2 years ago

I have bought a nice stove then new Bosch wall ovens Las spring. Delivery time is usually a month but during COVID last spring Bosch had shut down, so I even called Bosch and they said it would be up to 2 months. There is a huge appliance shortage now I know. But it is very disappointing to hear that they have had no communication with you when you have reached out to them. That is unnacceptable for sure.

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    2 years ago

Don't waste your time nor money. They have absolutely NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!!!

Go somewhere else with reliable service.

Goedecker's is VOODOO DOODOO and really Stinks!!!!!!!

• Cynthia Fischer
    2 years ago

Do not order from this company! I waited 3 months and ended up canceling my order. They never contact you about what’s going on. Difficult to talk to anyone when you call them.

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    2 years ago

Place SUCKS. GO ELSEWHERE

• Nancy Harris
    2 years ago

I hardly know where to start, other than I WISH I HAD LOOKED FOR REVIEWS before giving my hard-earned dollars to this company. Everything everyone has said in their reviews, I underline and capitalize. I placed an order in March for 5 major appliances - $8000+. Goedeker's charged my credit card immediately. By May I had received 3 of the 5. In late May I was told 1 of the remaining had shipped to the 'depot' who was waiting for the last piece. I called a few weeks later to find out the status and was told the 'depot' had the 1 piece and was still waiting for the second. On Aug 4 I called; they told me the first piece was waiting to ship from manufacturer in OCTOBER! I told them I wanted to cancel the remaining pieces. They said their finance people would have to contact the manufacturer before issuing my refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said none were available and they would have one call me back. Surprise...no call back. I called again on Aug 6, and had to repeat my story. Same outcome...would have someone call me back, but no call back. I called this morning Aug 9, talked to yet another person - he told me as of June 28, they were gathering the 'pieces' to get ready to ship to me???? It's Aug 9, and the Range is shipping from inside the US and it's taking them 45 days? He said if it has already shipped I will have to pay shipping charges in order to cancel my order. I asked for...yes, a callback from a supervisor. I am astonished this place is still in business. Please do yourself a favor and think before you leap at doing business with this unsavory cheat of a company.

• M
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Why are you still talking to the company. You should have contacted your credit card company a long time ago. It might be too late to do so now, but that depends on how good your credit card is. Often you only get a month or two to dispute charges, because you never received the goods. And some businesses deliberately drag out orders to push past this deadline. No idea, whether that's what is happening here; but in either case, it is long past due for you to talk to your credit card company and ask for assistance.

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    2 years ago

DON'T BOTHER!!!!!

SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHES

GO ELSEWHERE

LOOK FOR LABOR DAY

• PRO
    T I M Woodwork
    2 years ago

sorry

LABOR DAY SALES

read all their BBB reviews

• HU-784043286
    2 years ago

This is the worst company to have them…

This is the worst company to have them deliver or pick up item. I ordered a product from GOEDEKERS and the product arrived damaged and minths late. . The customer service over the phone is horrible. You wait for hours and no one responds. It’s been a nightmare to return a product from this company . Please don’t let them fool you.

• HU-784043286
    2 years ago

This is the worst company to have them…

This is the worst company to have them deliver or pick up item. I ordered a product from GOEDEKERS and the product arrived damaged and minths late. . The customer service over the phone is horrible. You wait for hours and no one responds. It’s been a nightmare to return a product from this company . Please don’t let them fool you

• HU-300844296
    2 years ago

That would be a strong NO! Don’t bother wasting your money or time. They are not reliable! Still waiting for appliances purchased in April. Keep getting ”empty promises”. Getting ready to cancel and order locally.

• label1177
    2 years ago

There is NO CANCELING with this disreputable company. Once they have your money they won't give it up easily. Contact your credit card company NOW to see if they can assist you.

• Tamer Mash
    2 years ago

They lie about delivery date to get your business. My item is a month and a half late and now I'm stuck without them. Do no buy anything from them!!

• Carri Neff
    2 years ago

They are ridiculous and terrible customer service. You are responsible for the shipping to return defective product. In our case, it was more expensive to ship back than the product itself. Run. Do not give this company your business.