Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone purchased from Goedekers?

Posted by kgolby (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 17:57

I came across Goedekers website while looking for reviews on GE Cafe appliances I'm interested in putting in my kitchen. The prices they advertise are quite a few hundred dollars less than any store I've found locally plus there's no sales tax & free shipping. Just curious if anyone has purchased from this company before of has purchased appliances from another online company. Is it worth it or is it better to shop locally in case there are issues with the appliances?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone purchased from Goedekers?

Should have looked into this further before posting but it looks like you have to live within a certain distance to purchase from this co. I live too far away which makes me question irrelevant.

o

I have purchased from them. You have saved yourself a whole lotta trouble!

o

What are the bad things? I was also just looking at them since they have a lot of things I was looking for also... for a decent price

o

These are things I would do no matter where I bought.

Make sure they are a current, authorized dealer for your appliance, in good standing and for the territory where you are. Verify with the manufacturer.

Buy with a credit card so you have recourse if appliances are not delivered for any reason or not what expected. If you don't get them when promised, keep in mind you only have a certain amount of time to file a dispute after the item is posted to your account. I would ask for it not to be charged until it was ready to be delivered.

Get everything in writing, model numbers exactly, all terms, fees and a written copy of any extended warranty. Compare this carefully to your credit card statement and compare for the next few months to make sure no additional charges are added.

Find out who will service your appliance under the original warranty and the extended warranty.

Do not accept for delivery anything not in a sealed, original box. Accept nothing with any damage to the box.

Do your own research on what appliance is best. Recommendations by some sales people may be made based on commissions paid and "casting aspersions" is a technique to pull you away from your choice.

Open and install your appliance as soon as you get it. Put it through its paces. Time sitting in a garage waiting is ticking against the warranty. Find out when the warranty starts, again in writing as some will start the warranty when it is posted on your credit card. The delivery time is most common with a few starting it on installation. My guess is they have to do the installation though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here