Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbay76

Microwave with features similar to Whirlpool Speedcook

Jasmine Bayliss
12 years ago

I'm looking for a microwave with a convection/microwave cooking mode similar to the speedcook mode on my Whirlpool Gold convection/microwave. I just bought a Kenmore Elite 30 in. Microhood Combination (8601) and tried to cook some chicken nuggets for the kids. With the old Whirlpool, it took 5 minutes to cook on the crisper tray on speedcook. Nuggets came out crispy. I cooked nuggets today in the Kenmore and they came out limp. I've read the entire manual but there isn't any instruction on cooking nuggets. On the Whirlpool, it was right on the door - Speedcook, 55.

The Whirlpool died yesterday after 9 years of use. The convection mode still works but the microwave part doesn't so I think the magnetron gave out. It was a microwave/oven combo so I'm replacing the whole unit with a DCS WOT-230.

I still need a microwave though that works! I don't care so much about using the convection part alone since I'll have double convection ovens. I need it more for heating things up like nuggets, pizza, salmon etc and still be able to brown. I would cook salmon in the Whirlpool on speedcook mode and it comes out perfectly every time crispy on bottom and on top, better than on a broiler pan. Please help!

Comments (4)