Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blomberg Dishwasher thoughts

Posted by magnolia_lee (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 17:06

I'm looking to replace the ancient (avocado green) dishwasher that came with my house when I bought it and have been looking mostly at the European models - Miele and Bosch. A visit to a local appliance showroom last weekend has me considering Blomberg as an option. The sales guy said that in Europe it rates #2 after Miele but since they haven't established a reputation here, they're still relatively inexpensive. I can't find much information on them though. I found a few threads here on GW from 2008 where folks mentioned recently purchasing one. Any of those people have updates on their experiences?

I know, of course, that most folks will just say go with the Miele, but I really don't want to spend more than $1000 and would love to lower that if possible. (I still have other appliances to upgrade, after all...) Looking at options for Miele in my price range - it's the Futura and I don't love the lower rack configuration.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blomberg Dishwasher thoughts

I bought a Blomberg dishwasher about nine months ago. So far, it has worked just fine. I'd say it's as good as any of the various European dishwasher brands I've owned over the years.

o
RE: Blomberg Dishwasher thoughts

I am doing a full kitchen remodel and the dishwasher I decided on was the Blomberg DWT55500SS. The price was on the lower side, $690.00, so I'm just a little worried that it may not perform as well as other better known brands; I have yet to test it because the remodel is not done. Anyone else have experience with Blomberg dishwashers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here