Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattyinthesun_gw

Bluestar range - continuous issues

mattyinthesun
9 years ago

Hi everyone

Just wondering if this is standard for Bluestar...

I got a range from them (30" RNB) about 5 years ago. I generally have to replace an ignitor or two a year, which is no big deal.

My main problems however are much more annoying (and dangerous) -

Seems like the broiler timing is often off. I'll turn the broiler on, wait a few minutes, then hear a loud BOOM and the oven door shakes - I guess it ignited then. If I had the door open when that happened heck knows what would happen. I have had parts replaced, but it still does it a couple of times a week.

I had this happen with the oven burner too, which they replaced and no longer does it.

I also seem to have issues with a loud POP noise as the oven is cooling down - from what I can gather, in my range aluminium rivets were used to hold stainless steel together - and those seem to be splitting. I can only think that the rivets expand at a different rate to the steel, causing them to split.

I have also had a replacement door, since one kept sticking.

Up until a year ago Bluestar have been great about helping out with these problems. I still feel like the range is dangerous in some repsects - just wondering if others have had this problem?

Comments (2)