Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solidhit_gw

To fit or not to fit: Fridge suggestions, questions

solidhit
10 years ago

I'm a newbie to posting here, but have lurked off and on and have read through a lot of posts about various refrigerators on here.

My situation is that I need to buy a new fridge to fit into a 36.5" space against a wall on the left hand side. I prefer something that is counter-depth, and am not averse to a built-in if that's the way I need to go. A full depth stand-alone fridge would intrude too much into the workspace.

I want to maximize my useable refrigeration space while having the door hinged on the left side to open against the wall so that it's convenient to an adjacent landing zone. I'm primarily looking at bottom freezer models.

Ideally, I would like a 36" fridge, and I like the Liebherr 36" model 2061, which I understand has zero-clearance hinges, but I think the handles may protrude too much to allow opening the fridge to 90 degrees. Does anyone here have that fridge who can tell me whether it will fit into my space? Do any of the drawers require the doors to open beyond 90 degrees?

So my question to you all is: will the Liebherr 2061 work for me? If not, what are some other options for a 36" fridge? Will a built-in work in this space? Are there models that don't require handles, but can open with a notch in the side of the door?
Or do I need to downsize to a 33" (or 30") model?

Comments (2)