Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flguy2

Whirlpool, Maytag or Kitchenaid oven? They all seem the same!

flguy2
10 years ago

We are getting ready to replace an old GE wall oven with a new wall oven/micro combo. I have been researching like crazy because it seems like Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchenaid are all made by the same corporation with exactly the same dimensions, same high ratings on Consumer Reports web site, and mostly the same common complaints and praises.

So what is the real difference if any besides style?? I thought Kitchen Aid would be the better choice due to its higher price and "high end" name, but what am I really getting for the extra $600-1000 vs. the Maytag and Whirlpool? The models I am comparing specifically are:

Maytag: MMW9730AS
Whirlpool: WOC95EC0AS (Gold Series)
Kitchenaid: KEMS309BSS

The reasons these are the only models we can consider are 1) this is what Sears offers, and we can only buy through Sears due to a warranty credit, and 2) they are all exactly the right dimension that will fit in our space.

We like the look of all 3, so style aside, why would I really want one vs. the other? We actually want the Kitchenaid but I am really confused what I am getting for the extra money. A glide out shelf?? The Maytag has that. A special crisping pan for the microwave? Hardly worth an extra $700. A blue interior instead of grey? Come on. Now if one was built twice as tough as the others, or had a significantly better warranty, that would make a difference.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (2)