Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodge59

An Induction Breakfast with the Elux Icon

dodge59
12 years ago

I did this video for 2littlefishies so She could get a

"Real World Experience" of what it's like to cook and also cleanup using an Induction cooktop.

Rhome, PLEASE BE SURE!!!! that you have your "Crying Towel"

when you watch the cleanup of the cooktop after a messy breakfast of sausage, hashbrowns and eggs, (LOL).

Hope this inspires you "2LF"

Enjoy!

Gary

(Click the link below to see the Video)

Here is a link that might be useful: An Induction Breakfast on the Elux Icon

Comments (13)

• hilferty77
    12 years ago

Very nice Gary, thank you very much for sharing sir!

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

WOW...that's wild that u can cook with the paper towel over the hob. Thanks for posting that. I am doing a single induction in my master bed morning kitchen for coffee and tea and that is sure gonna reduce the time I have to whine before the first cuppa.

• Linda
    12 years ago

Wow - great video Dodge. Thanks for sharing that info. By the way, what brand of non-stick pan did you use to cook the hash browns? My daughter has a KA induction that she loves, but her non-stick coated pans cooks very slow and poorly, even they they are magnetic and are supposed to be for induction.

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

Hey! Thanks Dodge!! That was great : ) My DH is on board now too!

• dodge59
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the responses, I'm glad you got him aboard "2lf".

Strange, that I could find no label on the blue non stick pan, so I had to google "Electrolux Icon Induction Cooktop with free skillet"~~~and guess what??? I goggle my own post when I was on Garden Web and asking folks here about Induction----so here's that post and the answer to your question,legallin,

" Posted by dodge1959 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 18, 09 at 20:42
    Induction cooktop came in and it came with a Chantal pan.
    That was one of the vendors of cookware I was looking at
    due to it's copper core center, sandwiched between stainless steel."

We really do like that pan, it is pretty heavy and the coating has held up very well.

The other pan I used was from an Emeril-ware set I bought the wife, right after I bought the cooktop, She loves the set.

I hope Rhome has a chance to see the video as I look forward to her creative response (weeping perhaps), after she sees the cleaning procedure for the cooktop (LOL)!

Thanks for the kind words,hilferty77, My objective was to
    "Remove some of the clouds" or other
    "Gray areas of Induction"

Paper towels are great, but never do this with the cooktop unattended, were you to let a pan/pot run dry, that pan/pot could get hot enough to burn the paper, and we don't allow no smoking in bedrooms!

That's all Folks!!

Later

Gary

• hilferty77
    12 years ago

FYI We love our blue Chantal Omelet Pan too Gary!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chantal Cookware

• nald
    12 years ago

legallin,
    what non-stick pan does your daughter have? I am getting an induction in the spring and don't want to get any pans that don't work well. I am just starting to research the best ones so if you could tell me the name of hers I'll make sure not to buy it.
    Also if anyone can recommend some good names besides the ones mentioned here it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Gary! Please let me know the next time you intend to cook breakfast! I want to buy some stock in the paper towel company! ;-)

HEY, I just tried the paper towel trick on my Bluestar! The Firemen are eating all my donuts and trying to make me tell them who told me to do that! Should I give them your name??

LOL!!

• weedmeister
    12 years ago

I just got myself a new pan for Xmas from Chefs made by Henckel(sp?). Stainless tri-ply with a slick non-stick coating that is aqua-like. It didn't cost very much compared to the All-Clad I have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pan

• dodge59
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Geeze, Mojavean, I'm Really sorry that you were
    "Inducted into the Hall of Flame"!!
    Was it the "SuperNova" that created the problem?

As far as the fire dept goes, Let them "Smoke Me out" all by themselves---Thankx.

Gary

• wpdoit
    12 years ago

Nice video Gary.

My wife gave me a new camera for Christmas, a GoPro video action Cam. Before she would let me open it, she made me promise not to do anything dangerous, haha. It takes still photos as well as videos, so I tried a shot while cooking dinner. 180 degree view setting. It's a little blurry because the camera is very small, and I haven't figured out how to hold it still on the single shot setting.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that our $99 IKEA cookware set is holding up very well. I see the set has recently been reduced to $79, which is an absurd value. You can see the medium size pan in my picture. A very inexpensive way to get started with induction cookware. I had some All-Clad and cast iron pieces before, but this set really helped get us going.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Favorit 7 pc induction ready cook set..

• Linda
    12 years ago

Thanks for checking ont he Chanal pan Gary -- very nice, although a little more pricey than I spent (but it works!). I'll have to check out the Ikea. I got my daughter Cuisinox from Amazaon (the negative reviews weren't there when I bought it). Too bad it is too late to return.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cuisinox

• nald
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting some different types of induction cookware. Also thanks legallin for letting me know the name of your daughters pan.

Thanks Gary for also showing me how easy clean up will be with my new induction when I get it. Can't wait!