Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kobe RA-094 Hood - dimensions

Posted by trepex (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 15:02

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if someone with this hood (or else better reading skills than I) could help clarify a question that I have about the dimensions of this hood.

http://www.koberangehoods.com/pdf/RA-094-SQB.pdf

It looks like the standard kit can accommodate up to 105.25" ceilings, as follows:
(36" cooktop height) + (30" mounting above counter) + (12.25" main housing height) + (27" max telescoped flue)

In my new home, we have 9-ft ceilings, so 108". Fine right - just buy the 30" extension kit? Well it says that the minimum flue height is 31-3/8". That means that with the dimensions above, the clearance between cooktop and bottom of the hood shrinks to 28-3/8".

I really don't want to go any lower than 30", as it's already kind of pushing it in our current place with only 30" clearance. I frequently come close to banging my head.

Would it be a terrible idea to just go with the standard flue at 27" and then end up with the bottom of the hood at 32.75" above the cooktop?

For the record, this is an induction cook-top not a gas range... 32.75" should be okay right?

THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kobe RA-094 Hood - dimensions

You really need an answer from one of the gurus, like kaseki. But have you tried calling Kobe customer service? I had good luck with them.

o

Thanks Ginny. That's great to hear that Kobe customer service is helpful - might give them a call.

o

Quick follow up, trepex: how do you like your hood? We're thinking about buying the same model...

o

Not sure yet! It's getting delivered at the end of May when we take possession of our new home. I'll post back then!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here