Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trepex

Kobe RA-094 Hood - dimensions

trepex
11 years ago

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if someone with this hood (or else better reading skills than I) could help clarify a question that I have about the dimensions of this hood.

http://www.koberangehoods.com/pdf/RA-094-SQB.pdf

It looks like the standard kit can accommodate up to 105.25" ceilings, as follows:
(36" cooktop height) + (30" mounting above counter) + (12.25" main housing height) + (27" max telescoped flue)

In my new home, we have 9-ft ceilings, so 108". Fine right - just buy the 30" extension kit? Well it says that the minimum flue height is 31-3/8". That means that with the dimensions above, the clearance between cooktop and bottom of the hood shrinks to 28-3/8".

I really don't want to go any lower than 30", as it's already kind of pushing it in our current place with only 30" clearance. I frequently come close to banging my head.

Would it be a terrible idea to just go with the standard flue at 27" and then end up with the bottom of the hood at 32.75" above the cooktop?

For the record, this is an induction cook-top not a gas range... 32.75" should be okay right?

THANKS!

Comments (4)