Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19779803

Vintage look appliances

User
10 years ago

I wonder why there aren't more choices of vintage look appliances being made by the regular appliance companies. The stuff I've looked at are more money than my entire kitchen gut/update cost. I would love to have that look/style for my vintage look kitchen but there's no way I can afford it. From the sites where I hang out, it's a popular look and those people can afford a Big Chill, Elmira or Aga. Obviously there is a market for that look. I don't need a Wolfe 6 burner. I'd like to have a little four burner with the hot water pot and the two ovens or one oven and pan storage beside.

Comments (6)

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Besides the vintage market, you might wait for the new GE Artistry Series. (kind of an odd name; wouldn't "Vintage Series" be more appropriate). It is a vintage style at a mainstream price point. Still pretty much a standard oven with new externals, but it definitely is more a retro look. They are the first. If they are successful, hopefully you will see followers..

Here is a link that might be useful: Aristry Series

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They aren't trying hard enough. The refrigerator is getting there. The stove - no. Dishwasher - no. I don't know what could be done with the dishwasher and I don't know as that would be as important to me as the stove and refrigerator. Worth watching, though. Thanks

• Gooster
    10 years ago

I'm certain it is determined by economics. They are basically skinning the appliances and trying to keep the costs down. I saw the refrigerator -- it is not bad, I've also seen the Aga Legacy series (this past weekend) and it is definitely closer to a vintage look. The fridge is at least within spittin' distance in price of other CD fridges

For refrigerators, you did not mention Smeg -- they have a small 50s model for about $2I. The Verona 30" gas range comes in some colors (see Vedazu's thread) and is less pricey than the AGA Legacy, but 3x more than the GE.

Summit makes a low cost old style range complete with separate broiler and side storage, but I've not heard a lot about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summit range

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I've gotta say, I think both of those appliances look nice, but neither looks particularly "retro" to me.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My gut remodel was around $13,000 a few years ago. Not likely to shell out a couple thousand on a refrigerator or range. At the time I did look seriously at induction but for the price just couldn't see it. I want gas. I have gas. It boils, fries and bakes. Adding $1500 to the price of a range won't make me a better cook. So, I'll give it up again. Maybe someday...........but for a "look" I won't pay thousands of dollars for one item.

• Fori
    10 years ago

I just wish I had the guts to do a remodel around a vintage gas range. They are inexpensive. They are handsome. And the stupid things aren't what is now a standard size so there's no chance I'm gonna use one. :(

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio