Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
microwave/convection and convection wall ovens

Posted by woodysapsucker (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 14:25

After talking to multiple appliance sales people, we've decided to go with 2 separate wall ovens stacked on top of each other rather than one unit with 2 ovens. We're told that in the long run the 2 separate units will be cheaper to service. So what we will have is a micro-convection oven on the top a shelf and then a full-sized convection oven on the bottom.

We are looking for 30" wide black wall ovens that are separate units. The two that we've found so far is a Jenn-Air (sorry I don't know the model) and the GE Advantium combined with a full-sized GE convection oven.

Looks-wise I like the Jenn-Air combination since the micro-convection oven (the top one) has a vent that drops down making the 2 units appear as one. Cooking-wise the Advantium seems to offer more speed cooking options.

I have the following questions.
1. Do you know of any other black wall ovens that could be used in this type of set up - microwave convection on the top and full-sized convection on the bottom.
2. Do you have any of these ovens? Do you like them and would you recommend them? Consumer Reports doesn't give very favorable reviews of the Jenn-Air repair record and was curious if you've had any problems.

Looking forward to your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: microwave/convection and convection wall ovens

We purchased the 30' Electrolux Wavetouch & installed a 125 watt Advantium above it. We are exceptionally pleased with both of them- my DH uses the Advantium several times a day & I use it often also. GE just did a new redesign on the Profile model & it blends very nicely with my Electrolux.

o

Thanks again bevwinchester

o

I have the 240 Advantium moogram and love it.
I have it over a wolf(and hoping no chipping)

o

I don't have a full size oven, but we have the Wolf CS024 steam oven under the Wolf Convection/Micro and there are no issues with that.

I don't know why any wall oven couldn't be used in that configuration as they are insulated to be in a wall any ways, so putting something above them shouldn't ever be a problem. That being said when you do settle on one or a few, read the install manuals to make sure of that.

Phil

o

Thanks a2gemini. philwojo99 I was more concerned about looks - would two different types blend well together.

Here's a new question about the advantium 240: We were back at the appliance store last night and saw that there is a toast setting. Does that mean I can practically make toast in this oven? Will I be able to ditch my toaster oven that hogs counter space? I would love that if it's true!

o

Oh, my goodness, the Advantium will much more than compensate for a toaster oven. We have the Advan. 125 & we toast in it quite often!

o

Wow, if I can get rid of the toaster oven I'm sold on the Advantium. I been totally undecided whether I wanted a Jenn-air convection-microwave wall oven or an Advantium 240 wall oven. Unless the Jenn-air toasts too I'm decided. Thanks again bevwinchester!

o

We took a slice of bread to the appliance store today and tried toasting in the Advantium. We toasted for 6 minutes (flipping once) and the bread still wasn't toasted. So I guess the Advantium really isn't a practical substitute for the toaster oven. I would so like to get that thing off of the counter though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here