Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washer recommendation? Top loader

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 13:34

After 27 my washer finally bit the dust (not a typo: 27 years for this ordinary GE washer. It was fixed once in its first year, and never again.) The snubbers that balance the tub just wore out. It still washes just fine: but someone has to sit on it while it spins. :)

I know appliances have changed a lot in the interim. We are looking for a basic top loader with regular and permanent press settings. We are empty nesters now, so don't need a huge capacity. I'd rather not wait to have a load full.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washer recommendation? Top loader

Yes, they have changed a lot in 27 years. For basic toploaders, or even HE toploaders, I always recommend Kenmore brands. I've always been happy with them. First one lasted 17 years, but it was moved twice. After the second move it was never the same. I know have a Kenmore HE toploader. 6-7 years old and no problems. I wanted an HE this time because we are now on septic.

o
RE: Washer recommendation? Top loader

Traditional top load, consider Speed Queen. Quite a few positive reviews. Money no object? Miele front load gets a lot of love at this forum. Go to the Laundry Room link for washer/dryer forums.

Laundryvet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here