Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
miele master chef

Posted by travlib (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 13:33

I recently purchased a 30 inch wall oven and speed oven from Miele. Each time I use the master chef feature in both ovens to bake a roast it fails. Today I used the speedoven
using the master chef feature. The display started out at 1 hr 20 min and kept going doing in time. Then all of the sudden the display went from 50 minutes to saying it was ready. Took roast out the internal temperature with an independent therm. said 164 . Meat pink. The oven is under warranty. WHen I called tech support, the tech said that if the oven checks out it is user error and it would cost me $80. The situation I have described about alsoo happened twice on a pork loin roast in the wall oven. Has any one else had problems with this feature. This feature is an expensive upgrade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: miele master chef

I am a bit confused, if you took the temp with a instant read thermometer and it showed 164 it should be done. Was the 164 in F or C? If it was in C that would be almost 330F, either way to me that means the roast should have been basically Well Done.

When you say the meat was Pink what do you mean, the inside, the outside, both?

Again, I am just confused since 164F is considered at least Medium Well if not Well Done.

As for the time moving around that can be possible if it is using a sensor to cook and it is adjusting on the fly, though I don't know if the Miele does that or not to be honest.

Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here