Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macmomma_gw

Update on Frigidaire FG4B2844LFE

macmomma_gw
10 years ago

I bought a Frigidaire Gallery french door refrigerator last spring to replace a very old Amana freezer-on-the-bottom model. We have well water which is poor quality for drinking, and so had never had an ice maker, but the filter system on this refrigerator led us to go ahead and get the model with water and ice in the door. I think overall, the space usage in the french door style is less efficient than other styles. This refrigerator is about 6 cubic feet larger than our old one, but we fit about the same amount of food. It is much easier to see the contents of the refrigerator in this model, and I love the deli tray that is right above the freezer. My cheese, deli meats, etc stay fresh much longer. I used to have terrible problems with my produce freezing in the produce drawers, but that is not an issue in this Frigidaire. It really stores produce well. I like the configuration of the freezer drawer. It's much easier to use than the bottom freezer door we had on the Amana. The unit is very quiet, and extremely easy to clean. The filter on the ice maker works quite well, and it's such a luxury to have ice whenever we want it!

I have been in vacation rentals with Whirlpool and GE french door refrigerators, and they don't compare at all to this Frigidaire Gallery. Much cheaper feeling, frozen produce, and poor cooling.

The only complaint I have is that the little vertical flap between the two french doors on top doesn't alway slide into place when I close the doors. I often have to move it into the groove so that it shuts properly.

Comment (1)