Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Broiler on CC - Pans

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Ok - now this is probably going to be the silliest question ever...but....the broiler on the CC (or BS) is something I have never had (have a 5 year old GE Monogram Pro now)....can I use my All-Clad d5's under that broiler or does it require different pans? Please don't laugh!

Thanks,

M

Comments (7)

• CT_Rob
    12 years ago

I've used my all clad copper core with no issues, but don't know an official answer on that.

BTW, one trick I have used with the CC broiler to get around the rack position issue if to put the rack on the second position and then put a jelly roll pan upside down on the rack. This provides about an inch of elevation closer to the broiler for browning.

• User
    12 years ago

Yes, anything that can handle stove-top heat will be O.K. under the broiler. Avoid glass oven-ware it will not be O.K. because of the intense heat, likewise plastics (including handles on metal pans) and aluminum foil and silicone baking pans.

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Technically you should avoid teflon coated pans as well since temps above 500 degrees start to cause it to break down.

-Stooxie

• Emilner
    12 years ago

I have used my glass corningware for years under the infrared broiler, I also love using the cast iron skillet too.

Nice trick CT Rob, I too have found the second rack is too far away and the top is worthless...

• zartemis
    12 years ago

Here's an official answer from All Clad (confirming the consensus here):

6. Is All-Clad oven-safe?
    Yes. All five of the All-Clad collections are oven and broiler safe. Nonstick items are not broiler safe, but can be put in the oven up to 500 F.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Z!

• aliris19
    12 years ago

CT-Rob, Emilner -- I pointed out this racks-positioning problem to the Capital engineer today. He said he'd look into the idea of adding additional slides to the stack. I think the racks need reengineering though.

He's also looking into some way to provide an internal thermometer for reading.

I mention this for interest sake -- I'm not suggesting you hold your breath waiting for the fix though! However, I would say that if you want to convey your well-thought-out ideas, I have no doubt they would be welcome. Please contact me offline if you need help finding the target for your great ideas and observations.