Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW choice for slide-in induction range coming soon!

Posted by xtacie (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 12:16

Just visited my local appliance store and was told that Bosch is introducing a slide-in induction range expected out in April. It is supposed to finish URL testing in February. The owner saw it at a training seminar but was not permitted to take photos. His description was a black surface with a big hob in the center. For those of us looking for a slide-in this may be worth looking at....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW choice for slide-in induction range coming soon!

I wonder how it will compare with the GE Profile Induction slide-in, since that is the most popular slide-in model right now.

o

Xtacie is correct. I saw this range today on display at a show in Vegas. It is simple and quite attractive.

o

You can check out the range as well as other new products at the following link.

Here is a link that might be useful: KBIS 2014

o

This should be the direct link for the induction and gas range.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ovens.reviewed.com/content/bosch-benchmark-slide-in-range-first-impressions-review

o

Any idea of how deep this range is? I can't find any dimensions and the depth issue is my main problem because of the range being in an angled portion of cabinets. If it's too deep my drawers and cabinets won't open on either side of it.

Thank you SO MUCH for attaching the info you did for me. I so appreciate it.

o

Does the new Bosch slide-in induction range have double ovens?
I've been waiting for one to turn up but couldn't wait any longer. I ended up with the Electrolux induction slide-in which has a 'so-called' double oven: i.e. a not very useful oven in what is normally the pan drawer at the bottom. The range is wonderful otherwise but I still yearn for a proper double oven.
I know that Whirlpool and Maytag have free-standing models but that's not what I want.

o

"Does the new Bosch slide-in induction range have double ovens?"

No. It has a warming drawer. See the Bosch link below. I understand 'how you feel about the the Elux "baking drawer" -- I've read comments describing it as a "warming drawer with delusions of grandeur."

If you want a good second oven and don't need large capacity, you might find a countertop unit more convenient and more to your liking. If interested in exploring that subject, search out the threads on the Breville Smart Oven and the Cuisinart CSO-300 countertop combi-steam oven.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch Benchmark Induction Range

This post was edited by JWVideo on Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 12:48

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here