Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IKEA brand appliances

Posted by patbagg (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 12:10

An induction cooktop is an induction cooktop is an induction cooktop. Right? Just sold a house where we installed a very expensive French induction cooktop and have been looking at a Bosch for the next house but saw an ikea brand yesterday. Understand big differences in gas but have started to wonder if induction tops are so much simpler: low, high and boost is all you need. What am I missing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IKEA brand appliances

As everyone knows, most appliances are great till they need service. Ikea appliances are made by whirlpool and that gives you an extra layer of hurt when something goes wrong, since both companies can spend forever telling you to contact the other. I'd do some reading in the appliances forum over at ikeafans before you buy. (Not sure if you have to create an account to read this--I hope not):

EDIT Ikea has great prices on things like their kitchen cabinets because you're pretty much on your own. That's okay for something like a cabinet that you install and that's all there is to it, but while I do plan on using ikea cabs in my next kitchen, I have some strong hesitations about their appliances for this reason.

Here is a link that might be useful: appliances forum

This post was edited by writersblock on Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 12:47

o

Power, quality and service.

o

I think "power" is not bad -
1x1400W induction zone.
2x3200W induction zone with booster.
1x1.8 kW induction zone.

I've heard service is terrible.

Reliability - no idea.

o

patbagg: "An induction cooktop is an induction cooktop is an induction cooktop. Right?"

And cars are just cars, and washers and just washers.

Seems like your really trying to rationalize your choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here