Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pro style 36" refrigerator

Posted by kateshome (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 12:08

Looking for a 36" french door counter depth refrigerator for our new kitchen that will be started in a few weeks.
I'm going with a bluestar range, miele dishwasher with a cabinet front and a sharp microwave drawer. Our KD has suggested Electrolux, Viking, Jennair, or Kitchen aid. Any thoughts or experience with any of these makes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pro style 36" refrigerator

Based on my 5+ years experiance with the Liebherr French door refrigerator/freezer, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a 36" unit. It's quieter than the Sub-Zero it replaced, well laid out, is very energy efficient and makes the best ice cubes (not the typical crescent shaped ones that stick to the rim of the glass) of any refrigerator I've ever had.

o

Can't help with those fridge brands but I have the BS 36" range and Miele DW too. I was going to do the Sharp microwave drawer but I really wanted a second real oven so I went with a Miele speed oven installed undercounter. The speed oven is also great when I don't want to heat up the whole 36" oven for something small. Have you considered the need for a second oven?

o

I have the Viking Pro CD with trim kit. The issues that exist with the Viking builtins don't exist with the standalone models. There are a few quirks (small freezer space), but it is working fine for me. Most of these quirks are more related to a CD FD configuration, not to the model itself.

The Vikings (D3 and Pro) are alleged to be made by Whirlpool -- who also makes the KitchenAid and JennAir CD models. Thus the guts are largely the same, but the accessories, shelving and skins may be different. Just wanted to point this out, because between the three there are many similarities.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yale Appliance Blog, I have no affiliation

o

Another vote for the Liebherr refer, love mine!
And the Bluestar range... if you cook like me, you are going to think you died and went to heaven :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here