Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tom2013_gw

Grill Plate / burner plates

Tom2013
10 years ago

I'm looking for a couple accessories for a 6 burner Capital Culinarian Range. I want a grill plate for grilling vegetables and steak. Maybe one that can be used as a griddle as well. I also need to get a diffuser plate for simmering. I want to get a few diffuser plates so that when I am not using all of the burners I have a flat surface to put spoons or other cooking items. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated. I was also thinking a ceramic tile would work for that as well.

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    10 years ago

We use the Lodge Cast Iron Grill / Griddle Plate. For a simmer plate one of the best we have found is the Cast Iron Heat Diffuser by Ilsa.

• jcmjcm
    10 years ago

I now use the All Clad double burner griddle, since I have the grill in my CC. I had the Lodge reversible grill/griddle double burner pan. We used Lodge and Le Creuset for years in our old house, found them a bit heavy over the years. Nordicware and Lodge are better priced over All Clad and Le Creuset. The Lodge and Le Creuset gave my food better grill marks.
    I have used an inexpensive simmer plate with a handle and a few octagon shape simmer mats.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Re: Simmer - Do you need a diffuser or an adjustment? From what I've read here, supposedly the CC simmers well when adjusted correctly.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

I have both a Lodge and a Staub.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

duplicate

This post was edited by ctycdm on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 8:11

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

and one just fits inside the other making a perfect panini press...;)

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

duplicate

This post was edited by ctycdm on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 8:12

• Tom2013
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. In response to the burner adjustment question. The burners all go down very low and I have a small pan burner but sometimes I prefer to use one of the forward burners and they are higher BTU.

• toddrhodes
    10 years ago

Chef King 20 x 14" griddle is what I use. It covers two burners almost completely and it's amazing. I've made breakfasts and tonight just did my first burgers on it. I don't know that I'll ever grill burgers again, they were "restaurant quality" IMO. I also used mine to bake a pizza last night, just swapped it into the oven at 500* for 30 minutes, then turned on the broiler. I made a 14" pie in 4 minutes and some change and it was incredible. It won't do grill marks but those are for decoration IMO, the more you can brown/sear the outside, the better, regardless of the protein you're cooking.

• Tom2013
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just looked at the lodge double pro and the single grill/griddle. The 20" dimension on the double doesn't seem like it will fit across 2 burners properly. The raised edge looks like it will make it rest above the grate. The single looks like it will fit right over the top of the grate. Which models are people using on the CC and how well do they fit. Thanks.

• DJ493
    10 years ago

Chef King Griddle 14"x23" RN1423-8 is what I use on my Capital Culinarian CGRT366. Heavy duty and high quality, works very well. It fits perfectly. About the only negative, it's heavy 17lbs.

This post was edited by DJ493 on Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 10:55

• User
    9 years ago

Thanks for the tips on griddles. I'm going to theg the Chef King 14x28.

• billy_g
    9 years ago

Chef King is the one. I made a grilled cheese, turkey, and tomato on ours today.
    Billy

• User
    9 years ago

Billy - you are making me hungry!