Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ed_c

Miele Dishwasher Noise

Ed-C
10 years ago

Last week had installed a new Miele Futura Dimension d/w (model #G5605SC). On third wash cycle it started making a high-pitched noise when it entered the drying cycle. The noise is intermittent and has a faced-paced cyclical element to it. It sounds similar to a noise a laptop computer made before the cooling fan failed.

Service tech coming out 1/20, but since there is so much experience here I thought I'd see if anyone can provide insight. Because the noise is intermittent, I'm concerned the tech might not hear it. When it comes on it vacillates in pitch & volume, though pitch is all in very high register. I wouldn't describe it as very loud, but I when it is happening I can hear it two rooms away in my home. Annoying!

I am assuming that there is a bad bearing in a fan associated with the dry cycle, but am not a professional. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Comments (3)

• fauguy
    10 years ago

Yes, I would say the fan (or fans) need replaced.
    I have a Dimension for 4 years and it comes on and stays on for the drying cycle. It doesn't cycle on and off. The sound is not noticeable past a few feet in the kitchen.

• Ed-C
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Follow up to original post. The repair tech examining the d/w and said he found a loose screw near the fan. He did not know if it accounted for the noise. He would've replaced the fan but didn't have the part. If the noise comes back we were instructed to make another call whereupon the tech would replace the fan. (There is only one fan.) There are no other ideas as after the cycle is complete, which is when the noise starts, is when we have heard the noise. The tech said that this is the only moving part after the cycle is complete and the door has opened, therefore it is the only candidate to be causing the noise. The noise hadn't come on over the past week, so hopefully it was just part of the breaking in period and will not return.

• fauguy
    10 years ago

Hopefully it was just the lose screw that was the cause of the noise. If it returns, call back and have them send the fan part to the Miele tech so he'll have it before he comes out for the appointment.