Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a new washing machine

Posted by georgysmom (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 11:00

I currently have a top-of-the-line Whirlpool front loader that is six years old. About six months ago the hinge on the door had to be replaced and just yesterday the repair man was here because two of the cycles were not working. After checking it out, he said the control panel needed to be replaced. In taking it off, everything was so rusted, he didn't recommend putting the money in to fixing it ($400+). I am now in the market for a new washing machine. Does anyone have a great recommendation. I am open to either front loader or top loader.

Just found the laundry room forum. Will post there. Sorry.

This post was edited by georgysmom on Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 11:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a new washing machine

You can try Panasonic washing machine. Panasonic washing seems to be the best washing machine with most advance features and specification. Panasonic washing machine available in different size and configuration. You can choose the best as per your need.

Here is a link that might be useful: washing machine

o

I recently researched washers and dryers and made a buy on Good Friday.

For super reliable and excellent but plain looking top loafers - Speed Queen is the way to go.

For front loaders with more features but the burdens of less reliability,
Miele is probably the best but wicked expensive. Other brands that folks on GW like are Electrolux and Samsung. My wife hates the doors on the Electrolux units, you push in to unclick and open them.

The samsung units have a honeycomb design to the tub similar to the Miele which is supposed to really decrease wear and tear on clothes. Another important feature is direct drive which makes for the quietest units.

We opted for Samsung WF457ARGS and the matching dryer. Got them for half price and free pedestals from AJ madison during their Black Friday sale. Still awaiting shipment though, on back order ....

o

Speed queen. Google reviews for speed queen or investigate reviews here at GWEN. Amazing washer. And so retro. I don't think it even has a control board. A simple number of settings. Good to go.

o

Another vote for Speed Queen top loader. I have had mine for about a year. No comparison with the last one. Fast, simple, quiet, and clothes come out clean and not nearly as wrinkled as they used to in my old Maytag, which rusted out and leaked after only a few years.
Fully loaded it can handle a HUGE amount compared to any washer I have had before. And at 70+, I've had a few.

The dealer where I bought mine said it would definitely be his next washer. I am hoping it lasts 30 years and is my LAST washer!

o

I too have read nothing but good about Speed Queen. It will definitely be my next washer, ...if my old Kenmore ever dies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here